Problem USB flash drive and AIDA64

Wally Nickvine

Hello people, I recently bought a usb stick Kingston DT101 G2 16GB and I copied him AIDA64 Extreme Edition trial version to test it.

When I open the program he normally open... close it, but then if you try to copy a file on the stick an icon appears and warns me that it is corrupt and need to format my USB stick.

Apply a new formatting to the USB stick , going all right , copying and writing are within normal parameters all the files (music, move, games, .doc, .txt... etc) including when i copy to usb stick AIDA64 Extreme Edition trial version everything is okay.

If open AIDA64 and and close it i get the same error from Windows 7 (x64) tells me that the files are corrupted and need to format the USB stick and lost everything on stick of course. I scanned the stick and has no error, really do not know who is solving.

Thank you for understanding and hope to find a solution.

My only guess would be that the RAID and external drives scanning module of AIDA64 makes the stick's firmware go crazy for some reason.  The solution would be to exclude the drive from the scanning.  In order for us to add your drive to the exclusion list, we need to have its USB hardware ID.  Please go to the Device Manager, find the drive in the list, right-click on it --> Properties --> Details --> Parent.  The USB hardware ID should be in the format of "USB\VEN_xxxx&PID_yyyy".  If you could send us the ID, we can add it to the exclusion list, and send you a new AIDA64 beta to try it on your system.

Thanks,

Fiery

First thanks for the reply, I followed the steps

Device Manager, find the drive in the list, right-click on it --> Properties --> Details --> Parent

but not found an ID like this

USB\VEN_xxxx&PID_yyyy

i foun this ID

UMB\UMB\1&841921d&0&WpdBusEnumRoot

v83k.jpg

I open AIDA from my computer and i checked the ID with AIDA and i found this:

ID Hardware    USBSTOR\DiskKingstonDataTraveler_2.01.00

Edit: I found this ID in C:\Windows\inf\setupapi.app.log

USBSTOR#DISK&VEN_KINGSTON&PROD_DATATRAVELER_2.0&REV_1.00#08606E6D3FDEAD41D70D01F3&0#

I also said I did several tests on PCs and laptops (not only to my PC), if you copy AIDA from stick to any PC or laptop , eject the stick and start the program it's ok, no errors. If you start the program from stick inserted to any PC or laptop and after i close it or when the stick is inserted... i get an error with corupted.

Thank you for support.

In that case then I guess it would be better if you could create a TXT report of the Devices / USB Devices page of AIDA64, and copy-paste into this topic.  We'll then find the ID in there ;)

I understand that the issue may not be directly in connection with the RAID member enumeration (due to the fact that you mentioned about stick behavior), but it may still be useful to exclude the stick from the RAID member enumeration. Maybe it helps, maybe not, but sticks shouldn't be scanned anyway for RAID members ;)

--------[ USB Devices ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Generic USB Hub ]

Device Properties:

Device Description Generic USB Hub

Device ID 8087-0024

Device Class 09 / 00 (Hi-Speed Hub with single TT)

Device Protocol 01

Supported USB Version 2.00

Current Speed High (USB 2.0)

[ USB Mass Storage Device (DataTraveler 2.0) ]

Device Properties:

Device Description USB Mass Storage Device

Device ID 0951-1665

Device Class 08 / 06 (Mass Storage)

Device Protocol 50

Manufacturer Kingston

Product DataTraveler 2.0

Serial Number 08606E6D3FDEAD41D70D01F3

[ Generic USB Hub ]

Device Properties:

Device Description Generic USB Hub

Device ID 8087-0024

Device Class 09 / 00 (Hi-Speed Hub with single TT)

Device Protocol 01

[ USB Input Device (PS/2+USB Mouse) ]

Device Properties:

Device Description USB Input Device

Device ID 09DA-000A

Device Class 03 / 01 (Human Interface Device)

Device Protocol 02

Manufacturer A4Tech

Product PS/2+USB Mouse

Supported USB Version 1.10

Current Speed Low (USB 1.1)

This is report :)