msi Z87-G45 GAMING motherboard temp

jacko640

HI:

i have a problem with the motherboard temperature  of my msi  Z87-G45 GAMING  mobo

in my aida64 extreme 3.20.2638 beta (registered)  it stays all the time at 28 C

however with speedfan it shows the correct temp  (going up and down depending on idle/load)

also the voltages shown look a bit off

i attached the sensor debug info in a text file

Any look into this matter is much appreciated

with regards

jacko

msi Z87-G45 GAMING.txt

Thank you for the sensor dump.  It looks like AIDA64 has difficulties reading motherboard temperature on your board.  Somehow the sensor chip doesn't provide a stable and reliable motherboard temperature reading.  It could be because the low-level sensor module of AIDA64 collides with another monitoring application.  Do you have any such applications installed, either made by MSI or another company?

Thanks,

Fiery

thx for the reply Fiery

the colliding was correct when i was using hwinfo64, but besides aida64 and speedfan, i dont have any other monitors running, i disabled speedfan, samsung magician,asus gpu tweak, but aida64 stays showing 28 C on mobo temp, can it be that something stays behind in the registery that conflicts?

Thank you for the feedback.  Please note that AIDA64 uses standard synchronization mutexes to synchronize its low-level hardware access functions with other software.  AFAIK SpeedFan uses the same mutexes (so as CPU-Z, HWiNFO, HWMonitor, SIV, etc), but maybe it isn't implemented there properly :(

only thing i see is a difference between sensors :

aidai64:  Sensor Type    Nuvoton NCT6779F  (ISA A00h)

speedfan sensor type nuvoton NCT6779D

btw even msi's own software "command centre" also conflicts the mobo temps with aida64"

so i stay using only aida64 since it has that nice display on my logitec g19S  :P