No Voltage or Fan Speed Readings

barrie17

Hi Everyone!

I'm a newbie to this software and to the forum so I hope that this hasn't already been posted (couldn't find any posts)

I purchased a full version of the software because the "Trial Version" didn't display Voltage or Fan data and I assumed that these values would be unlocked by the key. It appears as though the Aspire motherboard ACPI data doesn't support the function or the program has a deficiency.It would be great if anyone could shed some light on this problem.

The laptop bios is the latest V 1.33 Phoenix offering for the Aspire 5520

OS - Windows7 Home Premium 32bit

CPU is an AMD TL-58 which I will be upgrading to a TL-66 as soon as it arrives.

Thanks,

Barrie

Most notebooks are not equipped with a full-blown sensor chip like desktop motherboards, hence measuring voltages and fan speeds (RPM) are not possible on most notebooks. This is a lack of hardware implementation, and not a software deficiency.

I hope you find other useful features in AIDA64 that would justify the purchase ;)

Regards,

Fiery

Most notebooks are not equipped with a full-blown sensor chip like desktop motherboards, hence measuring voltages and fan speeds (RPM) are not possible on most notebooks. This is a lack of hardware implementation, and not a software deficiency.

I hope you find other useful features in AIDA64 that would justify the purchase ;)

Regards,

Fiery

Thanks for the information. I kind of thought that might be the case. I'm still happy with the program and it will be more useful on my tower.

Cheers,

Barrie