Asus Sabertooth X58 problem

Pavlin

Greetings, everyone. I've got some problem with showing temperatures of south and north bridges on my Asus Sabertooth x58, not 1.50.1219 version, nor stable one (1.50.1200) shows it, but I can see them in BIOS. I wrote a ticket, but there was some mess up with my e-mail, so I couldn't get the answer. Help me, please. :)

We've fixed the sensor readings for Sabertooth X58 motherboard in the following new beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1224q0sln8yrvxzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

Thank you very mutch. I can see now north bridge tempreture, but still can't see south. :(

AFAIK Sabertooth X58 is not capable of monitoring south bridge temperature. Can you see such temperature reading in either the BIOS Setup or in Asus' own hardware monitoring software (PC Probe II) ?

No, there is no south bridge temperature in BIOS (but there was no south bridge temperature on my old Asus Maximus Formula, but Everest\Aida showed it) and no, PC probe doesn't show SB temperature either. :(

AFAIK Sabertooth X58 is not capable of monitoring south bridge temperature.

Are you sure? I've read so much reviews on this MB and this is really shocking news to me. B)

It depends on the actual motherboard design whether it implements monitoring special temperatures, e.g. south bridge temperature, north bridge temperature, DIMM temperature, etc. Most Asus motherboards do not implement special temperature or voltage sensors. Except for ROG motherboards (Maximus, Rampage, Crosshair) that do offer a wide range of monitored items.

Well, that's pretty sh***ty. Thanks for helping me out. Now I've got NB.(which is most of all necessary to me) I thought that TUF series only differs from ROG by some "unneeded" to me overclocking functions, I was wrong. :( Thanks again, Fiery.