What happened to "Vista Sidebar" support ?

harpua

One thing I liked about Everest was the ability for it to display some sensor information (with the help of a 3rd party gadget) in a visually appealing way in the "sidebar" or gadget area of the desktop via Everest's Vista Sidebar support (which also worked in Win 7 as well).

Unfortunately, I don't see this or any substitute feature that provides this functionality in AIDA64. Am I just not looking in the right place or is this feature gone for good or will it (or some other method of displaying sensor data graphically in realtime on the desktop) hopefully be added back into the application?

It is still fully supported. You need to enable the Sidebar support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Vista Sidebar. Then you need to add the AIDA64 Gadget to your Sidebar (Vista) or Desktop (Win7) manually.

Regards,

Fiery

• 1 month later...

It is still fully supported. You need to enable the Sidebar support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Vista Sidebar. Then you need to add the AIDA64 Gadget to your Sidebar (Vista) or Desktop (Win7) manually.

Regards,

Fiery

I'm using Win7 & have enabled Vista Sidebar in the preferences, but cannot add it manually. There is no AIDA64 gadget in the Windows sidebar folder.

Exactly how do you add it manually?

Never mind. I deleted everything, unzipped it again & now it is working properly

Edited by olnorton