Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Regarding the GIGABYTE X870E AORUS XTREME X3D AI TOP motherboard, it has a build in 5inch screen, the screen is not controllable currently at all, it only shows multiple sensor data that changes in a loop automatically every couple mins I think. Gigabyte does not allow us to control the display, and I hate their software in general too. Mobo ; https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X870E-AORUS-XTREME-X3D-AI-TOP

Is it possible to find support and  turn that build in 5 inch screen from the mobo into an usb display screen that can function as an actual secondary display screen, if yes that would be perfect, it would mean full control of the entire screen.

I recently received the Motherboard but its not yet in use, please see image attachment, its an example to show how the screen looks in real time from someone who posted his build on reddit with the specific mobo I mentioned above.

please let me know what you guys think and what options are available.

X870E AORUS XTREME X3D AI TOP .png

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
On 7/3/2026 at 5:19 PM, derik-for-real said:

Regarding the GIGABYTE X870E AORUS XTREME X3D AI TOP motherboard, it has a build in 5inch screen, the screen is not controllable currently at all, it only shows multiple sensor data that changes in a loop automatically every couple mins I think. Gigabyte does not allow us to control the display, and I hate their software in general too. Mobo ; https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X870E-AORUS-XTREME-X3D-AI-TOP

Is it possible to find support and  turn that build in 5 inch screen from the mobo into an usb display screen that can function as an actual secondary display screen, if yes that would be perfect, it would mean full control of the entire screen.

I recently received the Motherboard but its not yet in use, please see image attachment, its an example to show how the screen looks in real time from someone who posted his build on reddit with the specific mobo I mentioned above.

please let me know what you guys think and what options are available.

We've sent a request to Gigabyte.  We'll see if there's a way to handle the 5-inch screen of your motherboard in AIDA64.

  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Posted

OMG, thats really amazing, if you guys can manage this in some way, its a huge deal, I hope its possible, and I really would like to see the extent to the display, im looking forward, but I will set my expectation low, cuz Gigabyte has one of the worst thirdparty software.

  • 1 month later...
Posted
On 7/15/2026 at 9:17 PM, Fiery said:

We've sent a request to Gigabyte.  We'll see if there's a way to handle the 5-inch screen of your motherboard in AIDA64.

Hello, hope your doing great, btw did Gigabyte manage to respond to you guys ?

I recently had to interract with Gigabyte Germany RMA for the replacement of my am4 socket on my old mobo, I asked them about software support for their bulid in lcd on their high end mobos. their answer was that they dont have any plans to support it which is shocking.

Essentially, all their mobo s that have released over the past generation with build in lcd display have no software support at all, and Gigabyte never tried to add support.

Do you guys think, its possible to add support without Gigabyte involvement, I really feel that Gigabyte has very nice hardware but their software department is not competent at all.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...