How to detect if there is any PCI express 2.0 slot on my motherboard?

zzzhhh

For some reason I can not open the case now. So where in AIDA64 extreme can I find out if there is any PCI express 2.0 slot on my motherboard? There are just too much information aida gives and I don't know which one is what I want. Thanks a lot.

That's a tough one, actually :)  You can check the Computer / DMI page for such information, but many BIOSes program the DMI block up inaccurately, so the information there may not be 100% trustable.  You can also check the Motherboard / Chipset page, but there only those PCIe ports are listed that are enabled by the BIOS, and the supported link rate and PCIe version are also programmed by the BIOS, and such things are also done inaccurately in many cases.  It's easier to go by the motherboard model, and check the manufacturer's website for the most accurate specifications.

Regards,

Fiery

If any of the PCIe slots are used on the mb, and we check the properties of the PCIe cards in Devices / PCI Devices, isn't "Bus type" the info we're looking for? Or what we see there are the capabilities of the card, and not those of the mb?

If any of the PCIe slots are used on the mb, and we check the properties of the PCIe cards in Devices / PCI Devices, isn't "Bus type" the info we're looking for? Or what we see there are the capabilities of the card, and not those of the mb?

On the Devices / PCI Devices page the PCIe information is provided for the cards and integrated devices using PCIe links to connect to the system.  So it refers to the device capabilities, and not necesserily the port capabilities.  For a PCIe 2.0 capable device plugged into a PCIe 3.0 capable PCIe port the version will be reported as PCIe 2.0.