Problem with Gigabyte GA-H97-D3H

P.J

We've fixed the sensor readings in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild3120dwjf9t3lcpzip

As for the PCH temperature, I'm not sure how HWiNFO64 reads it. Can you please post a screen shot that shows all HWiNFO64 readings and all AIDA64 readings side-by-side?

As for the BIOS date, the emulated classic system BIOS apparently contains a wrong system BIOS date stamp. It's due to a BIOS bug, and not an AIDA64 issue.

We can only add that in case the BIOS Setup or Gigabyte's own software also shows the reading as PCH temperature. Otherwise it's just pure guessing  ;)

I had Asus B85-Plus/P8B75-V before and they had no PCH temperature/VBattery in the BIOS but AIDA64 could read it  :ph34r:

Please open aida64 on sensor menu and then open device manager in windows (show hidden devices) and tell me if on your mb appears that '' PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller '' is not installed

Are you using F5 BIOS?

-128C occurred one time for CPU temperature and it wasn't AIDA64's fault, made my fans running too slow but fixed with Power Off, got so scared though  :o

Yes, I saw "PCI data acquisition and signal processing controller" in Other devices one time after running the old version of AIDA64 but can't see it anymore.

What's that?  :huh: 

I had Asus B85-Plus/P8B75-V before and they had no PCH temperature/VBattery in the BIOS but AIDA64 could read it  :ph34r:serif] [/font][/color]

There's a native method to read PCH Diode temperature, directly from the PCH. That's a different reading ;) And it's not supported by many Intel systems.

• 1 month later...

@ zzzttt: I have an ASRock Z97 Extreme 4 motherboard and get the "PCI Data Acuisition and Signal Processing Controller" error in my Device Manager.

I got it on a fresh install of Windows 7 Extreme x64 SP1 US after installing AIDA64 v 4.70.3200.

I make use of Symantec System Recovery images and every time I deploy an image before the AIDA64 install, there is no error.

Every time after I install AIDA64, the error is there.

Any help, or update, would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

We can only add that in case the BIOS Setup or Gigabyte's own software also shows the reading as PCH temperature. Otherwise it's just pure guessing ;)

There's no PCH temperature in some Asus BIOS but exists in AIDA64  :unsure:

Can't it be possible for Gigabyte too?

There's no PCH temperature in Asus H81M-V3 BIOS but it exists in AIDA64  :unsure:

Can't it be possible for Gigabyte H97-D3H too?

Please don't mix PCH and PCH Diode temperatures. The first one comes from the onboard sensor chip, if it supports that readout. The latter comes from the PCH (chipset) itself, if it supports it. The latter doesn't need motherboard-specific support, so we cannot add it. Your PCH either supports the readout or not, and your BIOS either configures the PCH thermal controller properly or not.

• Like 1