5690-X Stress Test

Hello,

I hope you are doing well. I recently updated my system to a X99S system. Ofcourse as any one who owns an extreme processor, I tried to Overclock it. While doing the stability test, I was getting very bad temps using Prime95.  A lot has said the Prime95 is not the right choice when it comes to Haswell/Haswell-E.

So I downloaded and bought a license for AIDA64 extreme edition. Running the stress test at 100% usage CPU and almost memory as well, I get very acceptable temps stock or overclocked.

Now my question is, How reliable is the stress test using AIDA64 ? and how does it compare to Prime95 ?

And how long should I keep the stress test running to confirm the the stock or overclocked system is 100% stable ?

Thanks and regards,

Mostafa Hijazi

We believe the AIDA64 System Stability Test is a great tool to challenge your system's stability. Enable all subtests, press the Start button, and leave it running for a few hours. If it can stand that, then stop the test, enable only the FPU subtest (and the GPU subtest in case you've got a discrete video adapter, like a video card), press the Start button, and leave it running for a few hours again. In case your system can work under both settings stable, then I'd consider it a stable configuration.

BTW, the first test I've mentioned is geared towards challenging computing stability, while the second test is to test thermal stability, ie. whether your system cooling is adequate.

Regards,

Fiery

Hello,

Thanks Feiry. I have enabled Stress CPU,FPU,Cache and system Memory at once. This test was running for 8 Hours with no issues. This was a 4.2 OC with 1.2 Voltage on the CPU. Is that considered 24/7 safe overclock ?

In case the FPU-only test also works fine, then yes, it should be considered a safe setup.