System Restart during System Stability Test

Bill

I have attempted to run the system stability test twoce with the same result - it starts, appears to run for 3 or so minutes, and then the system restarts. Using Version 1.60.1306 Beta. This is the only indication of any sort of problem with the system to date. Any advice would be appreciated.

It usually means either a thermal issue (overheating), or a PSU (power supply) weakness, or a motherboard failure, or a RAM failure. I know, there're a lot of options, but stability issues are usually not easy to hunt down :huh:

Overheating is probably the easiest to diagnose: in the System Stability Test you can enable monitoring various temperature monitors, and you can track whether any of them show a too high value before the system restart.

It usually means either a thermal issue (overheating), or a PSU (power supply) weakness, or a motherboard failure, or a RAM failure. I know, there're a lot of options, but stability issues are usually not easy to hunt down :huh:

Overheating is probably the easiest to diagnose: in the System Stability Test you can enable monitoring various temperature monitors, and you can track whether any of them show a too high value before the system restart.

Everything is new. Memory has been thoroughly tested through stress tests; the power supply, a 1200W, if anything, is understressed and stable; and using RealTemp, all temperatures appear stable during stresses. The only thing that is left would be some sort of motherboard failure that only happens during AIDA 64 testing. I will try enabling the temperature monitoring and watch during a re-run. Event log is not helpful either.

AFAIK RealTemp only monitors CPU core temperatures, while AIDA64 is capable of monitoring all temperatures of the system. Make sure to also watch motherboard temperature, GPU temperature(s), HDD/SSD temperature(s), etc.