Different power values (DIMM) (Asus H97M Plus + Core i5-4570)

pochettino

Hello,

I would like to ask if the following scenario is normal:

Readings that I get when setting DRAM voltage to 1.5v and using AIDA system stability test (only checked stress CPU and stress system memory) :

CPU Package   34.75 W

CPU IA Cores   28.66 W

CPU Uncore     3.43 W

DIMM                2.66 W

Seems normal, but when I set in bios DRAM voltage to 1.3v and using stability test I only get the following readings:

CPU Package   34.13 W

CPU IA Cores   27.45 W

DIMM                10.01 W

CPU Uncore reading dissapear

1- Please could you tell me if it's normal to get a higher W reading in DIMM when setting a low DRAM voltage?

2- Do you know why CPU Uncore reading dissapear during stability test?

System spec: i5 4570, ASUS H97M PLUS, GSKILL Sniper 2x4GB 1600

Edit: Some pics:

DRAM voltage 1.5v:

SPrS4DM.jpg

DRAM voltage 1.3v:

fM2Nxig.jpg

Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Uncore power is calculated as package minus IA cores minus DIMM. However, in the second case that results into a negative value which triggers AIDA64 to not display the wrong uncore result. That also indicates that something goes wrong with the power measurement inside your CPU. It's not necesserily a hardware malfunction, more an anomaly that causes AIDA64 to measure the wrong values. Please note that AIDA64 follows Intel's power specifications, so it should work in all cases, but maybe yours is a special one. You may also want to check the measurements using HWMonitor, but I suppose it would yield to the same results...

Regards,

Fiery

Hi Fiery, thank you for the answer, I've also tried with HWmonitor but same result. Instead of setting 1.3v I tried 1.35v which is the minimum for DDR3 by JEDEC and it worked fine, AIDA showed the power values correctly. Maybe when setting 1.3v the motherboard or cpu goes out of specifications I guess.