AIDA64 Causing DVD Burn Failures?

Major_A

Earlier today I was backing up music and pictures (basically I burned 10 discs). There was no pattern to it but when I would start burning with AIDA64 running in the background and the Win 7 Gadget displayed I would get burn errors. At first I thought it was the discs I was using. Nope they seem to be working fine. Then I thought it might be Nero 7. So I fired up Cyberlink Power2Go and got more errors. Finally I turned the AIDA gadget off and stopped the program. Now all is well and no more errors. Tell me what info you need to see if you can repeat this error.

Thanks.

Thank you, we'll do test runs, but in order to do so, we need to narrow it down a bit. Please let us know more about the system in question:

1) CPU model, motherboard model

2) Storage controllers in use

3) Any RAID arrays defined? If yes, then exactly on which controller, how many drives, what drive models?

4) Any external disk drives connected? (USB, FireWire, eSATA)

5) On which controller do you have the DVD burner connected, and what DVD burner is that?

6) Video card(s) model

Thanks,

Fiery

Running AIDA64 v1.60.1339

1) Core2Quad Q9550 @ 3.83GHz/Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Rev. 1.1

2) Intel ICH10R, Gigabyte's JMicron JMB36X and Silicon Image Sil3132

3) Yes one RAID 0 array on the ICH10R controller. Contains 2x1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 drives. One spare 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 in AHCI mode. For optical media I'm running a Lite-On DVD burner model iHAS222-06. All drives are installed on the Intel ICH10R controller.

4) No external media was connected.

5) It's on the Intel ICH10R controller. It is a Lite-On iHAS222-06.

6) GTX 260.

Let me know if you need more specifics.

Thanks for the help as usual.

I suppose this is once again caused by the buggy Intel RAID driver :) Please try to disable RAID SMART support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability, and try to burn a few DVDs in test mode.

Make sure to use the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1339qs1d0nycgrzip

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Fiery

Well I burned 5 or 6 data DVDs in Nero with the SMART option disabled. So far no errors. Is there something I can do to fix this? One of the items I had in my Win 7 sidebar was my hard drive temps. If I swapped my burner over to the JMicron controller would that make a difference?

Originally I was using the Gigabyte JMicron contoller for eSATA purposes (see pic below). Now I bought a PCIe 1x Sil3132 card to handle my eSATA needs. So right now nothing is connected to the two JMicron SATA headers.

http://i.neoseeker.com/neo_image/155708/article/gaigabyte_ga_p35dq6/esata%20bracket%20gear_thumb.jpg

I'm afraid it's now Intel's task to fix their drivers. We keep reporting them the bugs we find in their Rapid Storage RAID drivers, but due to the way their huge corporate is organized, it takes multiple bug reports to start things rolling in their development labs. So you'll also need to report this to them. You can refer to the CSMISAS interface that we (and also other software like HD Sentinel, HWiNFO32) use to enumerate individual drives of Intel RAID arrays.

As for connecting the DVD burner to the JMicron SATA controller: that would definitely help. Just make sure to switch the JMicron controller to IDE mode (not RAID or AHCI mode) in the BIOS Setup. Then you can re-enable the RAID SMART support in AIDA64 -- but make sure to do some more test runs with that setting too.