fixed: AIDA64 crashes Dell Venue 8 pro

hellion

Hello,

since Version 5.20 AIDA64 crashes my Dell Venue 8 pro (system stops completely and only a windows restart brings it back to life)

This also happens if i reset Windows to factory settings.

V 5.00 is the last version, that works perfectly.

Is there something like a logfile, that i should post?

Thank you!

Thank you for your reply. Can you please check what is the last message displayed on the bottom of the AIDA64 splash screen before the crash happens?

Also, when you say crash, what exactly does that entail? Does the mouse cursor stops? Does Windows report that AIDA64.EXE crashed? Is there a BSoD thrown?

Thank you for your reply. Can you please check what is the last message displayed on the bottom of the AIDA64 splash screen before the crash happens?

Also, when you say crash, what exactly does that entail? Does the mouse cursor stops? Does Windows report that AIDA64.EXE crashed? Is there a BSoD thrown?

The system is completely frozen: mouse cursor stops, no more screen activity (means: no crash report or BSoD)

I have to check later, which last message is displayed, as i don't have it here...

Thank you!

Thank you for the info. Please try to edit the AIDA64.INI configuration file (which you can find in the AIDA64 installation folder), using a text editor like Notepad. Find the following line in there:

LowLevelDellSMI=1

And change it to:

LowLevelDellSMI=0

Let me know if it helps.

Please try to edit the AIDA64.INI configuration file (which you can find in the AIDA64 installation folder), using a text editor like Notepad. Find the following line in there:LowLevelDellSMI=1And change it to:LowLevelDellSMI=0Let me know if it helps.

Thank you, it worked! I edited the AIDA64.INI, updated to the latest version and had no more crashes since then...

Thank you for the feedback. It means we need to completely disable Dell SMI support on your particular Dell system model, to make sure other users wouldn't experience the crash. If it's possible, please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Embedded Controller Dump. Copy-paste the first few lines of the results into this topic. I mean the lines that start with "DMI".

Thanks,

Fiery

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for my late reply. I have found, that there is a BIOS-Update from Dell, that seems to solve the problem. I have set LowLevelDellSMI back to <1> and until now AIDA64 (5.60) is starting normally.

Sorry, i should have tried this before...