Is it ok to use the compute fore light tasks while stress testing?

epsilon

I want to watch something while I stress test is it ok for example to watch something using VLC to watch a 1080p video with GPU acceleration while I stress test, by that I mean will it significantly effect the reliability of the test?

usual CPU utilization according to Task manger is 10 - 12.5% utilization for VLC.

And sorry for the typo in the title I have been drinking a little.

Oh and when I'm stress testing its more like 7.6 - 8.5% because the CPU is turbo boosting upto 4.4Ghz on all cores. Rather than 1.6/4.4/1.6/4.4 ish. Oh and I know you shouldn't really use adaptive voltages / clocks while over clocking but I want to push the maximum voltage higher while keeping the normal voltage around stock.

And 4.4Ghz isn't the final overclock I'm aiming for around 4.7 - 4.8 ish, I'm at a max voltage of 1.212v at 4.4Ghz I had been stress testing without watching anything but I want my computer to be pretty darn stable but I need a lot of low voltage to verify the over clock to see how it handles regular usage, so I need to take the overclocking a lot more slowly Its probably going to take me weeks to get to my target so having my computer unusable for 4 hour intervals over weeks for even the lightest of tasks is not really ideal.

Ok I realize I am including a lot of unnecessary information here but Task manager is saying my CPU speed is 5.68Ghz... I ****ing wish, 5.68Ghz on a 3570k @1.212v I would be bragging about that soooo hard.

Yes, you can use other tasks in the background or foreground while running the stress test. In some cases the best way to reveal a stability issue is by closing all background tasks and just let AIDA64 System Stability Test to use up all system resources. But in some other cases opening up a few web browser windows, chatting on Skype, watching videos while running the stress test would put a more difficult work load on the system, and may cause a BSoD quite quickly if it's not 100% stable. So it's best to try both, to make sure your system is up to anything you'd throw at it ;)