Aida 64 5.70.3800 + Corsair RM1000i problems

lynkchiz

Hi fiery im back :)

1.) I am using Aida64 5.70.3800 + Corsair RM1000i powersupply. And there are problems with the Voltage readings. The 5 volts and 12 volts reading sometimes misreads the 3.3 volts value and the 12 volts being shown as the maximum in the other voltages. Im experiencing as what this guy is experiencing from Corsair forums:

(http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=157536)

"I've just run the Aida 64 stress test again on that old Asus board, with the AMD CPU, using my RM1000i PSU. I only ran it for one minute and these are the voltage results that Aida 64 gave me. 

3.3V - Minimum 3.313 - Maximum 12.078
5V - Minimum 3.313 - Maximum 12.078
12V - Minimum 3.328 - Maximum 12.078 "

2.) Another Problem is for example the Rm1000i's fan turns on Aida shows the correct fan speed. But after sometime for example the fan turns off automatically, The value for the Power supplies fan speed gets stuck in 524 RPM (in OSD) but actually it must be zero rpm because it has turned off already

3.) One more thing. can you make aida64 read directly the 12v, 5v and 3.3v voltage values from the Power supply directly? that would be totally awesome! :)

1) Do you have any other software or service running in the background that also polls the PSU? Like Corsair Link software?

2) We will fix that issue in the next AIDA64 beta update. I'll post a message into this topic once the new beta is available for download.

3) When PSU provides those voltage readings, then they will override (overwrite) the values measured by the motherboard sensor chip.

Hi fiery, thanks for the fast reply :)

1.)  I am not running other monitoring apps like corsair link software etc when this problem occurs

2.) thanks. looking forward to it :)

3.) can we have separate readings so we can choose what to display in the OSD? (Us being given the option to display motherboard sensor chip OR VOltage Readings from the PSU) that would be totally awesome ;)

1) Are you sure the background process of Corsair Link software is not running?

3) It would be quite a task to introduce separate readings for values coming from the PSU. We believe you should much rather trust the values coming from the PSU than the ones provided by the motherboard sensor chip. That's why AIDA64 overwrites the sensor chip measurements with the PSU measurements.

1.) I am totally sure. no corsair link program/background service is running

Thank you. Something is still colliding with the RMi bank switch handling of AIDA64. Or maybe the PSU has issues switching banks, and sometimes it gets stuck in the previous bank set. Anyway, we will implement a workaround for that issue, to make bank switching more roboust. Hopefully it will help in your case too.

3.) So the 12v, 5v and 3.3v being shown by aida is already from the PSU and not from the motherboard sensor chip? thanks

Yes, that's what I've explained above ;)

Fully%20working%20AIDA64%20congrats%21.j

Wow already tested it Fiery:

1.) The values in the STATISTICS (CUrrent, minimum, maximum) 12v, 5v, and 3.3  tab does not get mixed up anymore in idle/gaming session :)

2.)  When the fan of the Corsair RM1000i stops, the reading now displays the correct 0 (zero) rpm.

3.) As you have mentioned the 12v, 5v and 3.3v are already direct readings from the PSU. 

As always, Thanks for the very fast turn around time for fixing the bugs! More power to you Fiery and the whole of Aida64 :)