RM1000i and Corsair Link freeze issue related to AIDA64

pyrojoe34

So I'm having a problem with my new RM1000i freezing the Link software. When I start the computer with the Link cable plugged in (USB), I can't open the link software. It's frozen and is taking a constant 15% of my CPU but AIDA 64 can see reported values. If I start my PC with the cable unplugged then I plug it in, Link will recognize the PSU, not freeze and report correctly (AIDA 64 does not see it until restart). Neither my H80i v2 or H110i GTX have this issue.

I suspect it's a problem with AIDA 64 (beta) since that caused problems with the coolers, but I fixed that by turning off Asetek LC support and Corsair Link support.

Is there a setting in the stability menu that I can disable to force AIDA64 to ignore the PSU and not try to read it so there is no interference?

Link: Newest stable build
AIDA 64: Beta build (5.70.3833)

Any ideas?

The root cause of the issue is that for some reason Corsair refuse to use the industry standard synchronization mutexes that would ensure AIDA64 and other monitoring software (like AMD OverDrive, CoreTemp, CPU-Z, EVGA E-LEET, GPU-Z, HWiNFO, HWMonitor, MSI AfterBurner, RivaTuner, SIV, SpeedFan, etc) work properly next to a running Corsair Link Software instance. Corsair came up with their own solution, and now we have to implement it in AIDA64. We'll try to do that in the upcoming days, and hopefully I'll be able to send you a new AIDA64 beta download link in this topic in a few days from now. Thank you for your patience about this issue.

The root cause of the issue is that for some reason Corsair refuse to use the industry standard synchronization mutexes that would ensure AIDA64 and other monitoring software (like AMD OverDrive, CoreTemp, CPU-Z, EVGA E-LEET, GPU-Z, HWiNFO, HWMonitor, MSI AfterBurner, RivaTuner, SIV, SpeedFan, etc) work properly next to a running Corsair Link Software instance. Corsair came up with their own solution, and now we have to implement it in AIDA64. We'll try to do that in the upcoming days, and hopefully I'll be able to send you a new AIDA64 beta download link in this topic in a few days from now. Thank you for your patience about this issue.

Thank you, after reading around the general consensus is that Corsair is screwing the pooch here. I don't get why they'd do that.

Thanks for looking into it, it shouldn't be your job to correct the mistakes of other companies but your customers really appreciate it. A simple setting asking AIDA to ignore the PSU sensors should probably fix the issue like it did with the Corsair coolers.

Thanks!

A simple setting asking AIDA to ignore the PSU sensors should probably fix the issue like it did with the Corsair coolers.

Yes, but ideally, we would like to synchronize AIDA64 with Corsair Link Software about any device access, not just when it comes to AXi, HXi and RMi Series PSUs. That way, you would be able to re-enable the 2 other, currently disabled options too. Or at least we have high hopes about being able to access any Corsair hardware by implementing Corsair's own synchronization technique :) If they did it the right way, and we implement it the right way, it should work fine.

We've implemented Corsair's synchronization semaphore in the latest AIDA64 beta update available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works ;) Feel free to re-enable both Asetek LC sensor support and Corsair Link sensor support in Preferences / Stability, they should work from now on too.

Yes! Amazing job, the PSU works perfectly without freezing Link, I also re-enabled Corsair link support without issues. However, I have to keep Asetek LC sensor support (I have a H110i GTX and H80i v2 which I believe are both Asetek) because leaving it enabled causes the built-in fan controllers to be confused. Trying to set the cooler fans to a fixed speed (or max speed) in Link causes it to massively fluctuate between speeds randomly as if it's getting conflicting instructions. That was just FYI since having the cooler sensors appear in AIDA is not a big concern to me, as long as Link and AIDA can work simultaneously then I'm happy.

You guys did fantastically, very rapid solution. Thanks!

Yes! Amazing job, the PSU works perfectly without freezing Link, I also re-enabled Corsair link support without issues. However, I have to keep Asetek LC sensor support (I have a H110i GTX and H80i v2 which I believe are both Asetek) because leaving it enabled causes the built-in fan controllers to be confused. Trying to set the cooler fans to a fixed speed (or max speed) in Link causes it to massively fluctuate between speeds randomly as if it's getting conflicting instructions. That was just FYI since having the cooler sensors appear in AIDA is not a big concern to me, as long as Link and AIDA can work simultaneously then I'm happy.

You guys did fantastically, very rapid solution. Thanks!

Thank you for the feedback and your kind words ;)