LILLIPUT UM-80/C/T

leghmoh

Hello,

I am using Logitech G19s lcd monitor to keep an eye on the temps of the CPU and GPU, and I really got used to it, so now I am moving to another keyboard without screen, so, can you please tell me if this monitor http://lilliputweb.net/usb-monitors/usb-touch-screen-monitors/8-inch-monitors/um-80-c-t.html is good to use with AIDA64?

Thanks a Lot

Best Regards

Such USB connected displays appear as regular monitors under Windows. You can extend your Windows Desktop onto the secondary monitor and move any windows of any software to the secondary display. So you don't have to use the AIDA64 LCD module at all, but you can simply use the SensorPanel and move the panel to the secondary monitor.

Regards,

Fiery

Thanks for your prompt reply

I already tried one of my old 24 inches Dell monitor  with HDMI with SensorPanel and, to be honest, I did not like. Can you please tell me which usb LCD I can use that react exactly like the Logitech G19 screen?

Thanks a Lot

Thanks for your prompt reply

I already tried one of my old 24 inches Dell monitor  with HDMI with SensorPanel and, to be honest, I did not like. Can you please tell me which usb LCD I can use that react exactly like the Logitech G19 screen?

Thanks a Lot

The closest might be a Samsung SPF digital picture frame. But, some versionso of that device suffers from overheating issues, and also you cannot get one brand new anymore. Mint 2nd hand ones going on the 'bay also tend to be a bit expensive.

Some AIDA64 users opt to get an old and/or cheap Android tablet and use Odospace:

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/2776-display-pc-sensor-values-on-android-device-connected-via-usb-odospace-remote-panel/

But, you will see that there's no perfect solution out there. A big screen that doesn't act like a monitor, and has direct USB connection is very rare. Most users expect such big displays to work as a secondary monitor under Windows/OSX/Linux.

It's even more difficult to find a big screen with fast USB connection that provides fluid full-frame refresh rates. For example, Matrix Orbital makes some great looking large displays with USB connection (e.g. GTT70A), but they all use a very slow serial protocol that is not suitable to be used with the AIDA64 LCD module. Not to mention they're bleeding expensive too :(

The closest might be a Samsung SPF digital picture frame. But, some versionso of that device suffers from overheating issues, and also you cannot get one brand new anymore. Mint 2nd hand ones going on the 'bay also tend to be a bit expensive.

Some AIDA64 users opt to get an old and/or cheap Android tablet and use Odospace:

https://forums.aida64.com/topic/2776-display-pc-sensor-values-on-android-device-connected-via-usb-odospace-remote-panel/

But, you will see that there's no perfect solution out there. A big screen that doesn't act like a monitor, and has direct USB connection is very rare. Most users expect such big displays to work as a secondary monitor under Windows/OSX/Linux.

It's even more difficult to find a big screen with fast USB connection that provides fluid full-frame refresh rates. For example, Matrix Orbital makes some great looking large displays with USB connection (e.g. GTT70A), but they all use a very slow serial protocol that is not suitable to be used with the AIDA64 LCD module. Not to mention they're bleeding expensive too :(

Good Day Sir,

What about the Intenso Digital photos frames http://www.intenso.de/kategorie_en.php?kategorie=28 ? they make some good stuff? can you please confirme if one of their photos frame is compatible with Aida64 monitoring? for example this one http://www.intenso.de/produkte_en.php?kategorie=28&&produkt=1308217369 can display weather, so it is probably able to display Aida64 informations??

I do not like to use the old tablet or smartphone solution, because I am sure if I leave it on my desk the kids will take it for sure to play their games :lol:, even if they have their own tablet, they will still take mine :D.

Thanks a Lot for your help.

Only Samsung SPF and AX206 hacked digital picture frames can display data that you pass through the USB port. No other picture frame can do that I'm afraid. Even Samsung SPF frames have such variants that aren't capable of that feature. And AX206 frames are usually very small, so definitely not something you would want to use.

SensorPanel is definitely less complicated than an external LCD that does not appear as a monitor under Windows. You can use the SensorPanel with a HDMI connected display, since those devices appear as a monitor under Windows.

Can you please give me an advice of which LCD preferably 7 or 8" that I can use and does not appear as a monitor under windows?

There are tons of those out there, and we've never purchased any of them, so I have no idea which one is nice and which one isn't. In the specifications they should mention Windows compatibility, DisplayLink or such. If you want to go for sure, then pick one with a DVI, HDMI or DisplayLink connector. Then it wouldn't need a driver at all, and you could connect it to any video source too (like a DVD-player or such).