Bug when Windows 7 starts

Vod00

Hello guys,

My problem is that when I start my computer my sidebar gadget starts but with few details (CPU Temp., GPU temp., Memory latency). I have configured Aida (the latest version) to show a lot more details.

For this thing to work I have to close the gadget and re-open. After this it shows completly...

Thank you!

P.S. On the same system with Everest wasn't any trouble...

We've tried to replicate the issue, but it worked flawlessly on our test systems.

Please let us know more about your system:

1) Windows version, kernel type (32-bit or 64-bit)

2) Motherboard model, CPU type

3) Do you have UAC enabled?

4) Do you have "Use HKLM in Registry" option checked or unchecked in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Vista Sidebar?

5) I suppose you configured AIDA64 to start itself automatically at Windows boot. Have you tried to close AIDA64, remove its scheduled task using Task Scheduler, and then start AIDA64 again to let it re-create its scheduled task?

Thanks,

Fiery

Ok..

1) Windows 7 X64 with SP1

2) Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P + Intel Q9550

3) Disabled

4) No.

5) Doesn't work...i`ve tried.

I have attached 1 picture to show how it looks now when I start the PC....look at the date pls.

Thanks!

post-552-040556200 1305368091_thumb.jpg

Maybe some Registry values have been left there on your system. Please try the following to remove any residual Registry entries:

1) Close AIDA64

2) Start Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE)

3) In the Registry Editor navigate to the following path:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64

4) If you have a folder called VistaSidebar inside that path, then delete it completely.

5) Then Navigate to the following path in Registry Editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64

6) If you have a folder called VistaSidebar inside that path, then delete it completely.

7) Then restart your computer, and check if that fix made any difference.

Thanks,

Fiery

I'm sorry for the delays, we've tried to replicate the issue on multiple configurations this time, but without success ;)

There's one more Registry path that may worth trying to delete though, so please do the following:

1) Close AIDA64

2) Start Registry Editor (REGEDIT.EXE)

3) In the Registry Editor navigate to the following path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\FinalWire\AIDA64

4) If you have a folder called VistaSidebar inside that path, then delete it completely.

5) Then restart your computer, and check if that fix made any difference.

BTW, if you don't use EVEREST anymore, then please remove all "Lavalys" folders (including all their subfolders) from the Registry as well, by scanning the Registry for "Lavalys" in REGEDIT.

Thanks,

Fiery