fixed: Problem with Asus H97-Pro Gamer

P.J

Thank you. We'll fix the CPU OPT fan measurement issue in the next AIDA64 beta update.  However, the T_Sensor temperature should already be there, named as Temperature #1 or so.  If you cannot see it on the Sensor page, then please submit an Embedded Controller Dump as well.

Thanks,
Fiery

10 hours ago, Fiery said:

Thank you. We'll fix the CPU OPT fan measurement issue in the next AIDA64 beta update.  However, the T_Sensor temperature should already be there, named as Temperature #1 or so.  If you cannot see it on the Sensor page, then please submit an Embedded Controller Dump as well.

Thanks,
Fiery

I don't see any  Temperature #1  :unsure:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/85cbm7

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Fiery said:

What's wrong about them? They aren't reported at all? Are they inaccurate? Are they showing the temperature of each other, so they're swapped? Or ... ? :)

They're inaccurate in beta version, seems to be stuck without any/less change :wacko:

If it's possible, please send us two ISA Sensor Dumps and two Embedded Controller Dumps. One pair of the dumps where the CPU, VRM and PCH (so generally the system) is cool, and one when it's hot (or less cool), so we can compare the various temperature readouts and figure out what could go wrong.

If it's possible, please also check whether the problemous thermal readings are stuck in the BIOS Setup too.

Thank you. We've double-checked, and it should be correct with the latest beta update.  It's quite puzzling.  Can you please do the following:

1) Create an ISA Sensor Dump and an Embedded Controller Dump

2) Install Asus' own software (AI Suite)

3) Create a new ISA Sensor Dump and Embedded Controller Dump

4) Compare the values in AI Suite and AIDA64 Sensor page, especially the temperatures, and make a screen shot that shows the values side-by-side

Thanks,
Fiery

Unfortunately, the latest beta version didn't help too. CPU/VRM temps are stuck at 38/43C but no problem with final version :(

1) https://www.sendspace.com/file/4r3exz

2) Done

3) https://www.sendspace.com/file/2hzotc

4) Omg, Asus Ai Suite reports them incorrectly too same as beta versions of AIDA64 :blink:

I'm sure those are incorrect since the CPU temp changes only between 38-39 while idle and FPU-only stress test :wacko:

Got this warning with HWiNFO64 too but HWiNFO64 reports temperatures correctly in both cases:

Z247.png

dMdKgsu.png

CPU (PECI) = VRM

So you shouldn't follow Asus. I'll report the bug to them later <_<

EDIT2: I feel the temperatures in BIOS are wrong too same as Ai Suite x)

• 2 weeks later...

From Asus:

I believe the VRM temperature in AI Suite/BIOS should be named PCH temperature and VRM/CPU temperatures are wrong.
Hope Asus fixes this critical problem soon.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. 
Thank you so much for bringing this issue to our notice.I will certainly notify the issue to the concerened team. Hopefully it will be fixed in upcoming BIOS release.

Thank you. Please let us know when Asus comes up with a fixed BIOS update and/or fixed AI Suite, since we need a 100% reliable reference to compare the readings against. We cannot fine-tune the sensor readings when even the reference readings are incorrect :(

• 5 months later...

Well, I have found an interesting thing. Check it:

WAv7emz0.jpg LDvmeaGB.jpg

So confusing, Asus uses its own sensor diode near the CPU socket and reports it as CPU temperature in Ai Suite x)
And even HWinfo, v5.38 is fine but v5.40-5.52

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61500-Z97-Pro-Gamer-temperature-sensors-acting-strange

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35392-Problems-with-OC-Panel-on-M6E&p=290235&viewfull=1#post290235

On ‎2017‎. ‎06‎. ‎02‎. at 9:22 AM, P.J said:

Well, I have found an interesting thing. Check it:

WAv7emz0.jpg LDvmeaGB.jpg

So confusing, Asus uses its own sensor diode near the CPU socket and reports it as CPU temperature in Ai Suite x)
And even HWinfo, v5.38 is fine but v5.40-5.52

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?61500-Z97-Pro-Gamer-temperature-sensors-acting-strange

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35392-Problems-with-OC-Panel-on-M6E&p=290235&viewfull=1#post290235

I'm not sure how that issue affects AIDA64. Can you please tell us more about the readings in AIDA64? Do we need to fix anything? :)

• 1 month later...

I'm still trying to report the problem to Asus but they're so lazy!

Pj03jqih.jpg

They said: "If the customer wants more accurate temperature gauge, please use HWinfo64.  We do not have any more software revision for this motherboard."

Then they confirm that Ai Suite 3 is crap :blink: so we shouldn't care about Ai Suite 3 at all.

On 6/6/2017 at 7:26 PM, Fiery said:

I'm not sure how that issue affects AIDA64. Can you please tell us more about the readings in AIDA64? Do we need to fix anything? :)

CPU temperature was fine in old v5.80 but in newer versions, hope you can fix it :(

Everything is fine in BIOS:

3C5xeR9H.jpg

On ‎2017‎. ‎07‎. ‎13‎. at 9:17 PM, P.J said:

I'm still trying to report the problem to Asus but they're so lazy!

Pj03jqih.jpg

They said: "If the customer wants more accurate temperature gauge, please use HWinfo64.  We do not have any more software revision for this motherboard."

Then they confirm that Ai Suite 3 is crap :blink: so we shouldn't care about Ai Suite 3 at all.

CPU temperature was fine in old v5.80 but in newer versions, hope you can fix it :(

Everything is fine in BIOS:

3C5xeR9H.jpg

Okay, but I think we need to apply such a fix for the particular BIOS version you've got installed right now.  Going back and forth about updating temperature register indexes is a messy process.  Please post an up-to-date ISA Sensor Dump, and we'll revert the CPU temperature register index to the one we've used in AIDA64 v5.80.  Let me know if the motherboard temperature is wrong too.

On 7/17/2017 at 1:38 PM, Fiery said:

Okay, but I think we need to apply such a fix for the particular BIOS version you've got installed right now.  Going back and forth about updating temperature register indexes is a messy process.  Please post an up-to-date ISA Sensor Dump, and we'll revert the CPU temperature register index to the one we've used in AIDA64 v5.80.  Let me know if the motherboard temperature is wrong too.

For now, only CPU temperature is wrong :unsure:

isasensordump.txt

The problem is that Asus uses "CPU external/socket temperature" as "CPU temperature" instead of real internal CPU temperature.

BIOS isn't affected and Asus Fan Xpert uses the real CPU temperature as source too.

1 hour ago, P.J said:

The problem is that Asus uses "CPU external/socket temperature" as "CPU temperature" instead of real internal CPU temperature.

BIOS isn't affected and Asus Fan Xpert uses the real CPU temperature as source too.

I'm getting lost again, but ... the above mentioned new AIDA64 beta update is available for download at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Please let us know how it works about the CPU temperature ;)

• Like 1