Help with laptop monitoring (Sony VPCSB)

SageKage

I have a Sony VPCSB. It has a manual switch to activate what GPU you want.

If I set it to stamina, the laptop will use the Intel graphics built in the i5

If I set it to speed, the laptop will use AMD Radeon 6470M.

The problem is I have set up the temperatures on the sidebar to monitor them as you

know temp monitoring on a laptop is a must if you have intensive work.

I have set it up so that it will display CPU and GPU temps and utilization.

When I boot in stamina and switch to speed it doesnt monitor the temp of the radeon GPU.

When I boot to speed and switch to stamina the fan % always shows 100%.

Do I need to always boot up on speed mode to use AIDA64 monitoring my Radeon GPU or am i missing something?

We don't have a first-hand experience on switchable graphics notebooks, so I'm not in a position to give you full technical details. What I can tell you though is that AIDA64 is not prepared to handle switchable graphics monitoring in any ways. You can monitor various details of the currently active GPU, but you cannot monitor the inactive GPU, because it shuts down.

Regards,

Fiery

When I use the built in Intel and switch to my radeon

it doesnt recognize the switch and pretends nothing's there.

My radeon is active and running but it cant monitor the temps.

I have to restart on speed so It can monitor its temp, or restart aida64 which is troublesome.

When I use the built in Intel and switch to my radeon

it doesnt recognize the switch and pretends nothing's there.

My radeon is active and running but it cant monitor the temps.

I have to restart on speed so It can monitor its temp, or restart aida64 which is troublesome.

As I've stated above, AIDA64 is not designed to handle switchable graphics monitoring in any ways. When AIDA64 starts, it scans the system for available GPUs. When AIDA64 starts, and you have the Intel GPU enabled and the AMD GPU disabled, it will not be able to monitor the AMD GPU unless you restart AIDA64. I know it may be considered a limitation, but it's a sacrifice we had to make to make sure AIDA64 can monitor GPU sensors without too much overall system performance hit. We'll work on better supporting switchable graphics, as soon as that technology finds its way to desktop computers as well.