AIDA64's temperatures far from CoreTemp / Real temp

3rik

Hi,

I've noticed that AIDA64 CPU temperatures are 4°C higher than Coretemp / RealTemp.

My gear is :

Gigabyte EX58-UD5

Intel Core I7 970

Could you tell me why please ? How-to fix wrong temps in AIDA64 ?

Thanks !

Eric

If you want to adjust the core temperatures, you need to adjust the TJMax temperature in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring.

However, please note that Intel writes the proper TJMax temperature into a CPU register for Core i3/i5/i7 processors. All Windows software should read that register and use that fixed TJMax temperature to measure accurate core temperatures. You can adjust the TJMax temperature if you want, but you may end up with inaccurate core temperatures.

Regards,

Fiery

If you want to adjust the core temperatures, you need to adjust the TJMax temperature in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring.

However, please note that Intel writes the proper TJMax temperature into a CPU register for Core i3/i5/i7 processors. All Windows software should read that register and use that fixed TJMax temperature to measure accurate core temperatures. You can adjust the TJMax temperature if you want, but you may end up with inaccurate core temperatures.

Regards,

Fiery

Thanks Fiery,

I've done this. Setting "automatic" for TJmax Temperatures. It works fine now.

Thank you very much !