CPU Throttling concern (Core i7-4790K)

GP_

Hello, i'm near here, also new to Aida64. Someone recommended it to me to do a stress test on my system as I have recently experienced a sudden shutdown of my PC whilst playing games. I've used the trial version for now and it seemed to indicate a throttling issue. I'm not totally familiar with everything so i'll layout my setup and show the image so hopefully someone could possibly advise on what options I have to help prevent this problem.

CPU: i7 4790K @ 4.00Ghz
RAM: DDR3 32Gb
MOBO: Z97X-UD3H-BK-CF
GPU: GeForce GTX 970

stabilitytest-15102017.png.08496bc8f80e2f8265125fab537d4e5d.png

So I ran the test for about an hour before stopping it. This is what it showed. It indicates the CPU is overheating.

But I don't really know what is good and what is bad in the chart, besides the overheating issue.

In regards to cooling system, I have the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO plus a basic case fan.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

GP

Slight throttling (under 10%) is normal for Intel Haswell processors under heavy load.  It is due to the integrated voltage regulator (FIVR) of those processors. As long as the throttling is not excessive (over 20%), you don't need to worry about it.