fixed: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: AIDA64 can not read stornvme info

hsm06

I have the same issue trying to read the smart data for my plextor M.2 M8PeG drive as well.

Looks like Microsoft changed something that broke it. Just to test, I downloaded CrystalDiskInfo 7.2.0 to see what it would read.  Right after the installation it would read the smart data for this disk, but then after rebooting the pc the smart data for the plextor drive also disappeared from that utility.  

Attaching my smartdump incase Aida can shed any additional light on this.  I do see where it shows up as a device in the smart list , but then no data for the drive is there.

smartdump.txt

Is there a proprietary NVMe driver for Plextor/Lite-On NVMe SSDs?  In your dump I can see that the NVMe SMART readout works properly for your Samsung 960 Evo drive that uses Samsung's own NVMe driver.  So I assume it may be possible to get around this issue using a similar driver for Plextor/Lite-On drives.

Thanks for the response..  Unfortunately from what I've been able to determine about that Plextor M8PeG NVMe drive is they never released a vendor specific driver. That was the one downfall I read about the drive before purchasing it was that it didn't have or offer an optimized driver but rather used the windows driver.  Wish I would of just got another 960 EVO but happened to find that plextor onsale and well you know.  Anyway, the best I was able to find was an updated firmware flash (v1.06, 3/22/2017) which was/is already applied prior to when I ran the dump.

On ‎2017‎. ‎11‎. ‎08‎. at 1:44 AM, ScMtbr said:

Thanks for the response..  Unfortunately from what I've been able to determine about that Plextor M8PeG NVMe drive is they never released a vendor specific driver. That was the one downfall I read about the drive before purchasing it was that it didn't have or offer an optimized driver but rather used the windows driver.  Wish I would of just got another 960 EVO but happened to find that plextor onsale and well you know.  Anyway, the best I was able to find was an updated firmware flash (v1.06, 3/22/2017) which was/is already applied prior to when I ran the dump.

Thank you for the info.  We'll purchase a M8PeG unit in order to help us diagnose this issue.  Please give us 1 or 2 weeks to get down to the bottom of this.

No worry you can save yourselves from purchasing the drive on my behalf anyway. I was in the process of building my son a pc so I just removed that M8PeG drive from mine to use in his and replaced mine with another Samsung 960 Evo.  After installing the new Samsung 960 Evo Aida64 is reporting the statistics just fine.  I'm still gathering all the components for his new build but once I get it up and running I'll post back to let you know if it reports the smart data for the M8PeG drive from that different Gigabyte Aorus Motherboard vs my Asus or not. 

Just wanted to let you know I've installed the Plextor M8PeG drive into another system (Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Wifi Mobo) and it produces similar results and is not readable.  When I first loaded Aida using the stable latest version it would show up in the smart devices but the smart data would show up a couple times but then just moving the mouse around sometimes it would disappear.  I downloaded the latest beta version of Aida(AIDA64 v5.92.4391 Beta) to see if that would help and that unfortunately made it worse and now the NVMe drive no longer even shows up in the smart list.   

Let me know if you would like any additional reports or dumps