Looking for LCD screen (7-8 inches / 1024x768+ resolution)

Mayo0666

Hi,

I am looking for an lcd screen 7-8 inches, 1024x768 or higher to use with Aida64 but I am afraid to buy one that doesn’t work well with aida.

I would like  a screen USB if possible and I would like one I can power with a molex or similar (now I am using an old Samsung phone with 5” screen and evething work with a usb cable .. but 5” 800x480 is a little small …)

Since I am afraid to buy a wrong one, do you are using one that works well with AIDA?

Can you suggest a good lcd screen that do not cost too much?

Thank-you for your help

Mario

(my english is not too good.. sorry)

It's not easy to pick a screen that you've described.  When it comes to large colorful LCD displays, we generally recommend to simply pick up a second-hand 15-inch or 17-inch classic TFT LCD monitor that you can connect via DSub, DVI or HDMI to your computer, and simply use the SensorPanel module of AIDA64 (instead of the External LCD module).  Such a solution is cheap as chips these days, and gives you a lot of flexibility, since the monitor simply extends your Windows Desktop.  And that means you can put any window or any software's user interface on the secondary screen.  So you're not tied to AIDA64 and you can use the display for multiple purposes at the same time as well, ie. to share the display area between the AIDA64 SensorPanel and another window.

Of course a classic TFT LCD monitor would require an external power source, so it may not be ideal for your purposes.  There are USB-connected displays these days that don't require a separate power input, but they may be too expensive.  2 examples of such a display:

https://www.asus.com/Commercial-Monitors/MB168BPlus/

https://www.asus.com/Monitors/MB169C-plus/

Hi Fiery,

first of all thank-you for your answer, those monitor are nice and could be fine, but I am working on a Tt P3 case and are just too big to mount in the case-mod...

I have tryed with a Samsung Tab2 10" .. an old one, that works but, since old i believe, simply by the USB port it switch off after a while ... ant it is still a little big...

TFT LCD monitors are not so easy to insert in a case ... I have to check what i can find..

7 minutes ago, Mayo0666 said:

Hi Fiery,

first of all thank-you for your answer, those monitor are nice and could be fine, but I am working on a Tt P3 case and are just too big to mount in the case-mod...

I have tryed with a Samsung Tab2 10" .. an old one, that works but, since old i believe, simply by the USB port it switch off after a while ... ant it is still a little big...

TFT LCD monitors are not so easy to insert in a case ... I have to check what i can find..

Try to scan eBay using "7-inch TFT LCD" and "8-inch TFT LCD" as search queries.  Some of those may fit your needs as well as fit into your case ;) 

• 2 weeks later...