Sony ATV not showing any devices after Nougat update

CiNcH

I just updated my Sony ATV to Nougat yesterday. AIDA64 does not show any devices anymore. Just says something like "no devices found".

Sony still uses a very old kernel. Can there be some incompatibility? Or can Sony actually hide devices on purpose? There has for example been quite a shitstorm because Sony connected the AC WiFi controller to USB2.0. Probably they don't want people to see such things anymore...

On ‎2018‎. ‎03‎. ‎15‎. at 7:40 AM, CiNcH said:

I just updated my Sony ATV to Nougat yesterday. AIDA64 does not show any devices anymore. Just says something like "no devices found".

Sony still uses a very old kernel. Can there be some incompatibility? Or can Sony actually hide devices on purpose? There has for example been quite a shitstorm because Sony connected the AC WiFi controller to USB2.0. Probably they don't want people to see such things anymore...

It can be due to a few issues.  One of which is that the new Android platform (Nougat) blocks access to the necessary Linux kernel files that AIDA64 uses to detect the list of connected USB devices.