Brief but significant voltage drop across all 3 rails (Gigabyte AX370-Gaming K7)

hylian

Aida64 and other monitoring programs show my 3.3v, 5v, and 12v rails dropping extremely low for a second and then returning to normal. For example, the 12v rail will drop to ~5v. My first thought was that I had a bad PSU but I replaced that under RMA and the issue still occurs. I then checked the voltage in the room over an extended period of time and saw nothing out of the ordinary. So, if it’s not the PSU then what would be the next most likely piece of hardware to cause this issue? Motherboard, graphics card, processor, or ram? What would be the best way to go about testing to figure this out? I have attached some images so you can see what I am referring to. One final note, the issue occurs whether I am running everything stock or overclocked. Thank you in advance.

System:

cpu: Ryzen 1700x
gpu: EVGA 1080ti SC2
Ram: 2x8
gb GSkill tridentz rgb Hynix chip
Mobo: Gigabyte ax370-gaming-k7

psu: EVGA supernova 850 g2

voltdrop.png

voltdropstats.png

To me it seems more like a collision on the sensor chip access, and not a hardware failure.  Well, except for the case when AIDA64 reports a failure with that big red screen of course :) Make sure to check the voltages with Gigabyte's own monitoring software, with all other monitoring software not running in the background.