How to see negative CPU temperatures (Asus Maximus IX Hero + i7-7700K)

Hiikeri

I use Phase Change cooling system and my CPU temp is on bios -11C.

Hiikeri_bios.thumb.jpg.49ef54f829073017ee7bded3cff831ae.jpg

I have been use only temp-software that can show to me true CPU-temp on Windows, it's HWInfo64. It support to show sub-temps also, like this:

Hiikeri_HWinfo_subzero.thumb.jpg.96953d6ce1b813f6025d0d20c943be54.jpg

I bought AIDA64 Extreme 1y license a couple weeks ago, but it wont show to me true CPU sub-zero temps. AIDA64 show only 0C and above temps (just like every else temp-app).

Can see also my subzero temps also on AIDA64? How?

Theres sensor (HWInfo : Nuvoton NCT6793D) for subtemps becouse my ASUS Maximus IX Hero show -minus temps on Bios + HWInfo64 can read it.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also let us know what is the approx. CPU temperature at the time you create the dump.

Thanks,
Fiery

I make an 3 files on different situations.

- 1st file PC (+AIDA64) started and i only idle on Win10 desktop. Min/Avg/Max temp was -11C (via HWInfo64).

- On 2nd file i restarted AIDA64 and played Far Cry 5 approx 5min. AVG temp was on that session -3C (via HWInfo64). Min -11C and max peak was about +6C.

- Last file > Prime95 (AVX) rolling and after that i restarted AIDA64. Min temp +19C, AVG +21C.

2min_IDLE-11C_isasensordump.txt

5min_GAMING_avg-3_isasensordump.txt

2min_Prime95_avg+21C_isasensordump.txt

Btw, -11C is lowest temp that Bios/HWInfo64 can read, CPU is actually more "colder". I have heavy overclock (CPU 5400Mhz, AVX 5000Mhz, 1.45V) and those temps wont go under -11C, newer -12C, even at stock CPU. So lower temp readings are sensor limited.

On that HWInfo64 pic can see other CPU (PECI) temp, thats what all other temp softwares show, only +0C and above. 

I think thats core temp, maybe max. core temp? Becouse on my picture show max. temp has been +19C and avg.+8C.

Nuvoton sensor show at same time max. +8C and avg.-9C.

On ‎2018‎. ‎04‎. ‎03‎. at 12:07 PM, Hiikeri said:

On that HWInfo64 pic can see other CPU (PECI) temp, thats what all other temp softwares show, only +0C and above. 

I think thats core temp, maybe max. core temp? Becouse on my picture show max. temp has been +19C and avg.+8C.

Nuvoton sensor show at same time max. +8C and avg.-9C.

Thank you for the info and data.  We'll implement support for negative CPU temperature for Asus motherboards in the next AIDA64 beta update due in a few days from now.  I'll post a message into this topic once the new beta build is available for download.