CPU Clock with Turbo Boost

oshihari

Hello,

I try to display the CPU Clock of a Processor with Turbo Boost enabled. (LGA 2011-v3)
If I display the CPU Clock within the TaskManager (Windows 10) it shows me every second a new value inert the Clock variant. It may differ extreme with two decimal values. E.G. 2.73 GHz- 3.45 GHz and so on. Of course, this is a calculated value.

If I show the same  CPU Clock value within Aida64 it will only show 2 Values with only a little differentiation. 1200.1 GHz what is indeed the lowest level and 4500.1 what is the highest value.
In some Cases it will show 4499.8 or 4499.9 instead of 4500.1.

If I look with an MSI Tool over the CPU real Frequency it will, of course, differ in many circumstances over all cores in a great variant. All cores runs with different clock scores.

So, what is the difference between the calculation of the real clock to the displayed value in Aida64?
​How did you calculate the value?
The calculation of the TaskManager seems to be smoother and smarter then the aida calculation.

PS: The same behaviour on the CPU Multiplier, this value shows also only two values, min and max. an never a value between.

• 2 weeks later...

AIDA64 doesn't calculate or average the clocks over a period of time, but instead it detects the current CPU ratio (multiplier) at any given time point, and multiplies it with the current BCLK to get the CPU core clock.  You can monitor the CPU clock for all CPU cores individually if you right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> CPU Clock Monitor. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.