show info about flash storages (smartphone, sdxc card, usb-sticks..) connected by card reader / USB

Rayden

at present we can only see drive info for ATA-compliant devices such as harddisks and SSD - but what about older USB-sticks, SDXC memory cards and connected smartphones, tablets...?

I would suggest s.m.a.r.t. info like power cycles, terrabyte written, info about NAND life span (if manufacturer publishes guaranteed TBW) and info about NAND type and nm size.

I think there's a market for that - there are so many people that don't know about remaining life of there flash media.

Not all USB-sticks seem to be ATA-compliant and offer s.m.a.r.t. such as OCZ Rally2 (announced in 2006) - is there a way to let AIDA show info about Non-ATA devices including controller type, NAND type etc? The same is for SDXC cards - is it possible to detect NAND type and TBW for instance?

1 hour ago, Rayden said:

at present we can only see drive info for ATA-compliant devices such as harddisks and SSD - but what about older USB-sticks, SDXC memory cards and connected smartphones, tablets...?

I would suggest s.m.a.r.t. info like power cycles, terrabyte written, info about NAND life span (if manufacturer publishes guaranteed TBW) and info about NAND type and nm size.

I think there's a market for that - there are so many people that don't know about remaining life of there flash media.

Not all USB-sticks seem to be ATA-compliant and offer s.m.a.r.t. such as OCZ Rally2 (announced in 2006) - is there a way to let AIDA show info about Non-ATA devices including controller type, NAND type etc? The same is for SDXC cards - is it possible to detect NAND type and TBW for instance?

Most non-ATA-compliant storage devices do not feature a proper model ID that would let us add them to our storage device databases.  And it's already very difficult and time consuming to maintain the HDD and SSD databases, so we're not really keen on piling up even more tasks over that already huge pile of things to do every day... :)