Recommendation on a wifi connected lcd monitor? (Samsung SPF-87H)

MOST

Hi,

I want to use the remote sensor panel with a small standalone wifi connected monitor. Like when I use my iPhone to show the remote sensor panel.

Any suggestions for a 7-8 inch display? Guess I'm searching for something like the supported Samsung photo frames, they are just not being produced anymore.

Any help is appreciated :)

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, Fiery said:

I've never seen a WiFi connected monitor.  You may be better off using an Android tablet for such purposes.

Thx Fiery. Got my hands on an old Samsung SPF-87H. Frame seems to work fine, but I have trouble installing the http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/samsung_spf_lcd_driver.zip on Win 10. Is there a workaround to get the SPF-87H working on Win 10?

21 hours ago, MOST said:

Thx Fiery. Got my hands on an old Samsung SPF-87H. Frame seems to work fine, but I have trouble installing the http://download.aida64.com/resources/lcd/samsung_spf_lcd_driver.zip on Win 10. Is there a workaround to get the SPF-87H working on Win 10?

What you need to do is:

1) Download the driver ZIP package that you've linked, and extract it to your system somewhere

2) Connect the SPF-87H to one of the USB ports of your computer

3) Start AIDA64, go to main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / Samsung

4) Tick the checkbox called Enable Samsung SPF LCD support

5) AIDA64 will make the SPF-87H device to switch from mass storage mode to mini-monitor mode, which will change the device that you can see in the Device Manager to the one that you need to install the downloaded driver for

6) Open Device Manager, and install the driver that you've downloaded in step #1

7) Once the driver is installed, close AIDA64, open it again, go to main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / Samsung

8) Tick the checkbox called Enable Samsung SPF LCD support again.  This time it should start working and display the blue splash screen on the SPF-87H screen

Let me know if you run into any troubles.  Please note that we've gone through that list of to-do's using a SPF-75H screen of ours using the latest 64-bit Windows 10 build (17134.112) earlier today in order to make sure the supplied driver can still be installed properly.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 6:38 PM, Fiery said:

What you need to do is:

1) Download the driver ZIP package that you've linked, and extract it to your system somewhere

2) Connect the SPF-87H to one of the USB ports of your computer

3) Start AIDA64, go to main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / Samsung

4) Tick the checkbox called Enable Samsung SPF LCD support

5) AIDA64 will make the SPF-87H device to switch from mass storage mode to mini-monitor mode, which will change the device that you can see in the Device Manager to the one that you need to install the downloaded driver for

6) Open Device Manager, and install the driver that you've downloaded in step #1

7) Once the driver is installed, close AIDA64, open it again, go to main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / LCD / Samsung

8) Tick the checkbox called Enable Samsung SPF LCD support again.  This time it should start working and display the blue splash screen on the SPF-87H screen

Let me know if you run into any troubles.  Please note that we've gone through that list of to-do's using a SPF-75H screen of ours using the latest 64-bit Windows 10 build (17134.112) earlier today in order to make sure the supplied driver can still be installed properly.

Thx Fiery! It was a little bit of a hassle to make Win 10 recognize the screen. Bought the Samsung SPF-87H used and it only came with a power cable and a USB-A to USB Mini-B cable. When using the Mini-B connection Win 10 sort of could see the monitor, but not as mini monitor, so couldn't get to install the driver. However, when I got my hands on a regular USB-A to USB-A cable something happened which allowed me to install the driver.

Funny thing is that after installing the driver, the frame only works correct in mini monitor mode with the USB Mini-B cable :blink: Anyway, got it to work and I'm one happy camper now! Thx for helping out!