Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P - vCore stuck @ 2.952v

almiti

I noticed that some of the newer Z68 require some updating on your end to properly read the motherboard information.

Looks like CPU Clock is correct, but vCore is incorrectly read (stuck @ 2.952v)

The CPU Temp properly aligns with Gigabyte's Touch Bios Temp, however each individual CORE is +10 (maybe due to incorrect TJMAX Temp?)

Memory Ratio is wrong - Reports 24:3 for DDR3-1600.

The Motherboard temp is stuck @ 25c. It hasn't moved up or down once, similar to vcore stuck @ 2.952v

Is there a log I can send to someone (once you tell me how to generate it), so this can be fixed.

I love my AIDA64, and hate to be without it.

Thanks

We've implemented sensor tweakings for Gigabyte Z68XP boards in the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme Edition available at:

http://www.aida64.com/downloads/aida64extremebuild1469s2elk8yzgnzip

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Fiery

It works!!! Wasn't expecting this fix so soon, especially on a holiday in the US.....

Only 1 thing I'm not sure if it is or not.

The CPU Temp reads - 27c idle (aligns with what Gigabyte's Touch Bios reads as well).

But each individual core reads +10.

The TJMAX is set to AUTO, however if I lower to 90c it reads (I would think) correctly.

Is an Intel 2500k 100c or 90c TJMAX ??

I would assume it's 90c to align with the 27c overall CPU temp... but I'm no expert on this......

For now, I've manually set to 90c...which results in 30c, 26c, 25c, 23c for all 4 cores and CPU reads 27c

Thanks Fiery!

Please note that the core temperatures are measured by a different method than the "CPU" temperature, hence you're not supposed to compare them to each other. Core i3/i5/i7 processors have an internal register to indicate the correct TJMax. AIDA64 reads that register to detect the TJMax value. Hence adjusting the TJMax is not advised, since it makes core temperature measurement out of Intel's DTS specifications.

Thank you for the feedback :)