download-area hijacked or version-mismatch?

skyteddy

Hello,

about 2 months ago i downloaded the file aida64extreme597.zip (Version: 5.97.4600 stable (Mar 28, 2018)), md5: d97affc838b560950231396189795c7d

Yesterday I downloaded the file again, same version, but the md5 is 990eac43f4fc0fc0ab5fa37ace468c433!

I downloaded both files from download.aida64.com.

If I compare both zip files, most files have been modified! The files have the same time stamp, but are different! How could that be?

For example, the file \Language\lang_en.txt contains "Last updated: Jun 03, 2018", although the file date is from 27.03.2018!

Has the download area been hacked or have you forgotten to change the version number?

happy computing
R@iner

You were quick to notice that ;) Due to the new wave of LGA1151 and AM4 motherboards, we had to update the stable package in order to avoid more issues and confusion at our users.  The updated package can be considered a v5.975 release without the bells and whistles.  We'll of course do a proper stable update as well.

So everything's fine :) 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, skyteddy said:

Thanks for the quick answer. But it's still not confidence inspiring.

happy computing
R@iner

You can always use the latest beta build, which will have the proper version number, build number, compile date and everything else as you would expect.  And things will get back to normal about the stable build as soon as we can get to releasing the next one :)