fixed: -10000 current and power i7-8700K (Asus ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming)

Bober

I was doing some stress testing for an overclock when AIDA64 showed an error for hardware failure. I got worried about that so I changed my settings back to stock,

AIDA at times showed -100000 current and one of the cores drop down to 800MHz very quickly.

Should I be worried?

image.png.8da2c96963d3d44308d20f01b6665cc2.png

On 9/7/2018 at 8:50 AM, Fiery said:

-10000 indicates a measurement issue.  It could be due to excessive overclocking, but it can also be completely unrelated.  Can you see such "hiccups" in current measurement when the CPU is not overclocked or less overclocked?

I only saw this at stock speeds when I default my BIOS. I now have it clocked at 4.5GHz 1.120v manually, I assume because there is no automatic voltage control the "problem" disappeared. It seemed strange to me to see a negative value on wattage.

6 hours ago, Bober said:

I only saw this at stock speeds when I default my BIOS. I now have it clocked at 4.5GHz 1.120v manually, I assume because there is no automatic voltage control the "problem" disappeared. It seemed strange to me to see a negative value on wattage.

What motherboard do you have?  Is it made by Asus?