Cpu clock polling not working after latest update

Cl2G

After updating AIDA64 my CPU, NB and Memory clocks are showing the same locked frequency all the time, where before there would be minor fluctuations  ( 1500mhz to 1499 or 1498 ETC ) or (  4800 to 4799 ETC ) now they're all fixed as if they're not actively polling.  While cpuz shows the clock fluctuations in real time...

let me know if there's anything I can provide to help sort this out! 

Intel 7700k

Asus Z270G Bios 1009

Windows 10 Home 1803 17134.286

all current updates etc applied, 

Nvidia graphics and on the latest 411.63 Nvidia Driver. 

Untitled.png

12 hours ago, Cl2G said:

After updating AIDA64 my CPU, NB and Memory clocks are showing the same locked frequency all the time, where before there would be minor fluctuations  ( 1500mhz to 1499 or 1498 ETC ) or (  4800 to 4799 ETC ) now they're all fixed as if they're not actively polling.  While cpuz shows the clock fluctuations in real time...

let me know if there's anything I can provide to help sort this out! 

Intel 7700k

Asus Z270G Bios 1009

Windows 10 Home 1803 17134.286

all current updates etc applied, 

Nvidia graphics and on the latest 411.63 Nvidia Driver. 

That's normal.  We've had to disable BCLK polling due to serious collisions with Windows 10 kernel that is also polling BCLK since the latest Win10 update of 1803.

Now BCLK is only measured once, and then the measured value will be used in subsequent CPU clock measurements.  Note that the current CPU clock will still be accurately measured, it just wouldn't fluctuate due to BCLK measurement fluctuations.

That's fine, I just check it to make sure everything's running as I've configured it once in a while. 

Those issues with windows polling  also make sense now having experienced power polling issues with nvidia graphics cards and games stuttering.......