Crucial BX 300 480 Gb wrong buffer size

Bonebraker

My 480gb Crucial BX 300 shows a buffer size of only 256mb. Several sites however state that it actually has 512mb.

Example: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/crucial-bx300-480gb-ssd-review,2.html

I would love to hear from you guys if its actually just a bug in your program or if crucial screwed me over by selling me some low dram 480gb model. I actually have another BX 300 480gb SSD and it also shows up as 256mb.

6 hours ago, snealster said:

My 480gb Crucial BX 300 shows a buffer size of only 256mb. Several sites however state that it actually has 512mb.

Example: https://www.guru3d.com/articles-pages/crucial-bx300-480gb-ssd-review,2.html

I would love to hear from you guys if its actually just a bug in your program or if crucial screwed me over by selling me some low dram 480gb model. I actually have another BX 300 480gb SSD and it also shows up as 256mb.

AIDA64 uses its own hardware database to report cache buffer size for SSDs.  So the value is not detected at all, and may involve inaccuracies if the original database entry was incorrectly inserted.  We'll fix it up in the next AIDA64 beta build.  Your SSD is fine, don't worry about it.  And don't alert Crucial either, since it's not their fault :) 

I`m glad that you answered so quickly and cleared things up for me. ^_^

I wouldn`t have contacted their support anyway, no matter what the outcome might have been, since they are just awful. They officially support my language in their live chat support, yet they aren't capable of communating without google translate, which by the way didn't make any sense whatsoever. After switching to English they just ignored my problem and sent me a link to their help desk. :blink:

However nice to see that you guys seem to actually care for your product. Pretty rare in todays society if you ask me.

Keep up the good work guys.