Sidebar does not work

idahosurge

I can not get the Sidebar to display, please refer to the attached screenshot. Everything is checked and under Sidebar Items I have some items checked, but no Sidebar is ever displayed.

The OSD will display, but I can not get the Sidebar to display.

Any ideas?

I am running Win7 Ult 64b.

post-729-047768700 1311172332_thumb.jpg

You need to manually add the Sidebar Gadget to your Windows Desktop. If it still doesn't work, then try to turn off the option "Use HKLM in Registry" in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Hardware Monitoring / Vista Sidebar.

Thanks, I got it working!

Edit 7:03 PM - Why does the Gadget revert to some kind of default display settings when I close the main Aida64 program? When Aida64 is running the Gadget displays the 34 items I configured in the format that I configured them in (bold silver, red & white text). As soon as I close Aida64 the Gadget resets to 14 default items in the default format (plain green & white text).

Why does the Gadget revert to some kind of default display settings when I close the main Aida64 program? When Aida64 is running the Gadget displays the 34 items I configured in the format that I configured them in (bold silver, red & white text). As soon as I close Aida64 the Gadget resets to 14 default items in the default format (plain green & white text)

In case you did not see the edit in my previous post I reposted my question.

The AIDA64 gadget requires AIDA64 (the main application) to be running. The resetting to a default setting may be due to some Registry entries left in the Registry by a previous AIDA64 session. If you want to make sure the gadget resets to the proper state when AIDA64 is closed, you need to close AIDA64 first, then start REGEDIT.EXE, and remove the following keys including all its sub-entries:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64\VistaSidebar

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64\VistaSidebar

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\FinalWire\AIDA64\VistaSidebar

Then you can start AIDA64 again, and the gadget should reset to the proper state after you close it again.

Does Aida64 have to be running in order for the Sidebar to display what I have configured it to display?

There were not any VistaSidebar entries in

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64\

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\FinalWire\AIDA64\

I deleted the entry in

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\FinalWire\AIDA64\VistaSidebar

Now when I turn off Aida64 the Sidebar says "Aida64 is not running or the Sidebar support is disabled" instead of reverting to the default readings it was reverting to.

In Aida64 Sidebar support is checked along with Display labels on Sidebar. Nothing else is checked.

Even after I went and checked Use HKLM in Registry and tried again I still get this message when I close Aida64 "Aida64 is not running or the Sidebar support is disabled"

Thanks for the help!

Does Aida64 have to be running in order for the Sidebar to display what I have configured it to display?

As I've stated above:

The AIDA64 gadget requires AIDA64 (the main application) to be running.

Now when I turn off Aida64 the Sidebar says "Aida64 is not running or the Sidebar support is disabled"

That's the normal behavior of the AIDA64 gadget when AIDA64 is not running.