Get data from AIDA64 using Python (UDP2LCD)

hbozyq

HI ALL

im working on a wireless lcd device,using python to send data to microcontroller.

i tried to used a library "psutil" to get sensor values.

but on Windows i can only get a few data using this.

well...

are there any ways i can get hardware sensor values like temperatures\fan speed\utilization from aida?

Thanks For Help :D

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:25 PM, hbozyq said:

HI ALL

im working on a wireless lcd device,using python to send data to microcontroller.

i tried to used a library "psutil" to get sensor values.

but on Windows i can only get a few data using this.

well...

are there any ways i can get hardware sensor values like temperatures\fan speed\utilization from aida?

Thanks For Help :D

I've never used Python, so I can only make suggestions that will apply to any programming languages.  You can either use the Shared Memory feature, in case you can use Win32 API calls... Or use the Registry feature if you have access to the Windows Registry from your script or program.

Another solution might be to expose an interface in your microcontroller that can be used by 3rd party applications (like AIDA64) to push data onto the display directly.  Either by sending textual information (like "CPU Clock = 32 C") or bitmap images in case the LCD display you use is a graphical one.  Either way, if you would let AIDA64 talk directly to the display, we would be happy to implement your protocol as a new LCD device.  Just keep us posted through this topic.

my product using a lcd with 128*64 dots.
and 5*7dots for each ASCII character.
meaning at most 21 characters each row and at most 8 column
the display effect is like this( havent being embellished):
IMG_20181031_082723.thumb.jpg.903ba8256e05a4d4baf0681953c72ea8.jpg
the microcontroller is esp8266 running micropython
its cheap(1.72$) and support WLAN
upper monitor send binary text using UDP to control the LCD
the format is like this:
b’HPSTR06402helloE‘
'H' & 'E' means header and end
'PSTR' means command print str
'06402' means start at 2nd row and 64th pixel (coordinate(064,02))
'hello' is the text that will be display
IMG_20181031_084457.thumb.jpg.f8033414f69c7719b8c88922ec71af9f.jpg

handling bitmap is being planned
sending texts directly is easy but not so attractive
i wonder if i can get textual information from aida so that i can turn it into progress bar or something else
and please tell me more about 'Shared Memory feature'
thanks;)

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 2:07 AM, hbozyq said:
my product using a lcd with 128*64 dots.
and 5*7dots for each ASCII character.
meaning at most 21 characters each row and at most 8 column
the display effect is like this( havent being embellished):
IMG_20181031_082723.thumb.jpg.903ba8256e05a4d4baf0681953c72ea8.jpg
the microcontroller is esp8266 running micropython
its cheap(1.72$) and support WLAN
upper monitor send binary text using UDP to control the LCD
the format is like this:
b’HPSTR06402helloE‘
'H' & 'E' means header and end
'PSTR' means command print str
'06402' means start at 2nd row and 64th pixel (coordinate(064,02))
'hello' is the text that will be display
IMG_20181031_084457.thumb.jpg.f8033414f69c7719b8c88922ec71af9f.jpg

handling bitmap is being planned
sending texts directly is easy but not so attractive
i wonder if i can get textual information from aida so that i can turn it into progress bar or something else
and please tell me more about 'Shared Memory feature'
thanks;)

Please let me know when you've finalized the protocol, after implementing all the features you want to have in the protocol.  IMHO it would be best to send bitmaps in case the WLAN connection is fast enough to handle at least 1 (one) FPS.  And even though it's a minor issue, but please also think of a name for your device, so we can refer to it in AIDA64 once we've implemented your protocol.  Name can be anything, like PythonLCD or HbozyqLCD or anything :) 

Shared Memory can be used to export the sensor values measured by AIDA64 into a standard Win32 shared memory region.  You can then take that from there and push it to your device the way you want.  Please check the AIDA64 user's manual --> External Applications --> Shared Memory for more details.

3 hours ago, Fiery said:

Please let me know when you've finalized the protocol, after implementing all the features you want to have in the protocol.  IMHO it would be best to send bitmaps in case the WLAN connection is fast enough to handle at least 1 (one) FPS.  And even though it's a minor issue, but please also think of a name for your device, so we can refer to it in AIDA64 once we've implemented your protocol.  Name can be anything, like PythonLCD or HbozyqLCD or anything :) 

Shared Memory can be used to export the sensor values measured by AIDA64 into a standard Win32 shared memory region.  You can then take that from there and push it to your device the way you want.  Please check the AIDA64 user's manual --> External Applications --> Shared Memory for more details.

i will finish and post it as soon as possible.

i agree that name is important.

so i decide to name it as 'UDP2LCD':P