List index out of bounds (5)

Annoying bug that happens every now and then when I right click AIDA64 in the tray and Open AIDA64. This errors pops up and the program does not open.

Right clicking the tray icon again shows Hide Main Window instead now. If I click that, nothing happens, but now it will show as Open AIDA64 again, and this time it will open without errors.

What's the cause of this? I have a hunch that maybe the window state was saved with hardware selected that has since been removed from the PC, and it tries to focus it in the list again, but errors since it's not there. You need to do some list bounds checking!

Error.png

12 hours ago, bbent67888 said:

Annoying bug that happens every now and then when I right click AIDA64 in the tray and Open AIDA64. This errors pops up and the program does not open.

Right clicking the tray icon again shows Hide Main Window instead now. If I click that, nothing happens, but now it will show as Open AIDA64 again, and this time it will open without errors.

What's the cause of this? I have a hunch that maybe the window state was saved with hardware selected that has since been removed from the PC, and it tries to focus it in the list again, but errors since it's not there. You need to do some list bounds checking!

We've tried to reproduce the issue, but it doesn't come up on our test systems.

Do you have any hardware monitoring modules (Sensor Icons, OSD Panel, Desktop Gadget, SensorPanel, LCD, External Applications, Logging, Alerting) enabled?

What is the AIDA64 page or feature that you have last showing before you hid the AIDA64 main window?

4 hours ago, Fiery said:

We've tried to reproduce the issue, but it doesn't come up on our test systems.

Do you have any hardware monitoring modules (Sensor Icons, OSD Panel, Desktop Gadget, SensorPanel, LCD, External Applications, Logging, Alerting) enabled?

What is the AIDA64 page or feature that you have last showing before you hid the AIDA64 main window?

I use SensorPanel.

I'm not sure what I have selected.. I've never paid attention to what I was doing before the error pops up. (It's usually a few days later when I need to open the window again). Any tips on where that error comes from so I can try to reliably reproduce on my side?

21 hours ago, bbent67888 said:

I use SensorPanel.

I'm not sure what I have selected.. I've never paid attention to what I was doing before the error pops up. (It's usually a few days later when I need to open the window again). Any tips on where that error comes from so I can try to reliably reproduce on my side?

Since you've mentioned a hardware that you may have removed meanwhile... Do you frequently plug/unplug USB devices for example?  If yes, then please try to plug/unplug it once or twice, and check if you can open the AIDA64 main window.

• 4 months later...
On 12/14/2018 at 8:58 AM, Fiery said:

Since you've mentioned a hardware that you may have removed meanwhile... Do you frequently plug/unplug USB devices for example?  If yes, then please try to plug/unplug it once or twice, and check if you can open the AIDA64 main window.

No, I don't. I'll try and reproduce it, but it hasn't happened much lately.

Have you looked into this any more since December?

10 hours ago, bbent67888 said:

Have you looked into this any more since December?

No, because there're hundreds of places in our code where such an issue could happen if we're not 100% careful :(  So it's tough to find the place without knowing more about the event that triggers the issue.

• 4 years later...

Suddenly started getting this error message myself too.

So I reinstalled ADIA64 Extreme on my Windows 11 PC, and lost my nice sensor panel design!!

Reinstalled and started again from default configuration - only using the sensor panel default configuration, which seemed to work for a few days.

Then it started happening again!

I have not changed anything on my PC hardware in between, or connected / disconnected any hardware via USB etc.

So my view is its a bug. What can I do to be able to use the software again as it will not open again now....?