Wrong CPU Temperatur/Temp freezing after couple of hours (Ryzen 7 2700X + Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming)

knallfrosch277

Hi,

I switched last week to a Ryzen 2700x System with a Asus ROG Strix X470 Gaming F Mainboard.

Since then, the temperatures AIDA is showing are wrong. At the moment it shows - 78 °C (:blink:). AMD Ryzen Master is showing 46 °C. I also switched to the Beta Version with no change at all.

After a new boot the sensor shows the correct temps, after a while it freezes or shows a incorrect value.

Debug.txt

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:17 PM, knallfrosch277 said:

Hi,

I switched last week to a Ryzen 2700x System with a Asus ROG Strix X470 Gaming F Mainboard.

Since then, the temperatures AIDA is showing are wrong. At the moment it shows - 78 °C (:blink:). AMD Ryzen Master is showing 46 °C. I also switched to the Beta Version with no change at all.

After a new boot the sensor shows the correct temps, after a while it freezes or shows a incorrect value.

Debug.txt

This seems to be a BIOS bug to me, since even the raw sensor register for CPU temperature looks incorrect.  I advise you to ignore the CPU temperature, and use the CPU Diode thermal reading instead.  Which is the thermal reading that Ryzen Master uses as well.  BTW, CPU Diode temperature comes from the CPU itself, so it's not dependent on the motherboard or motherboard BIOS to be correct or usable.