Aida to control RGB strips

therealme

What if aida could control RGB strips connected to the motherbard (eg.: asus strix MOBOs^^) ?

Whould be crazy if I could set the addressable leds RED in the gpu zone when reaching a certain temp., as well as CPU or other components.

Changing the fans color depending on rpm etc..

After a quick search, it seems nobody is talking about this idea.

That sounds like a very good idea for me.
The problem is probably first in the hardware. I could not find any single LED strip, which can actually be controlled by the computer. But That would be the prerequisite for such a project.
Nevertheless, theoretically it would already be possible. Individually controllable RGB LEDs are there enough, keyword WS2812 or Neopixel. A microcontroller could take control, which only needs to be fed with the relevant data.

Once you have the opportunity to easily pass on these relevant data, hardware projects will not be long in coming. And maybe that also takes the way as with LCD2USB.
If there are craft solutions first, and you see that it is possible, the demand is greater and the hardware matured.
AIDA could lay the foundation for many such projects with this simple interface.
That was also the reason for my own request:

The code for this project, as well as a small hardware description would be written in a few days.

And this idea will most likely be included in my planned case.

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 7:27 PM, therealme said:

What if aida could control RGB strips connected to the motherbard (eg.: asus strix MOBOs^^) ?

Whould be crazy if I could set the addressable leds RED in the gpu zone when reaching a certain temp., as well as CPU or other components.

Changing the fans color depending on rpm etc..

After a quick search, it seems nobody is talking about this idea.

AIDA64 already supports controlling the RGB LEDs of Asus motherboards via the Asus Aura SDK ;)