fixed: Unknown motherboard and missing fans (Asus TUF Z370-Plus Gaming II)

Darren9

Hi, I recently purchased an Asus Z370 - Plus Gaming II motherboard (with 9600K cpu) and I seem to have a problem that the board isn't recognised, motherboard name is "Unknown Motherboard" and motherboard ID is "63-0100-000001-00101111-090216-Chipset$0AAAA000_BIOS DATE: 09/21/18 11:46:21 VER: 05.0000C". Also the sensor page doesn't show any fans for the motherboard, 3 are attached, cpu and 2 case fans. I checked with a different hardware monitor (CPUID HWMonitor) and the three fans are present and spinning.

I've uninstalled Aida64, re-downloaded, and re-installed it and restarted my system and it's still the same. Any idea what could be wrong?

27 minutes ago, Darren9 said:

Hi, I recently purchased an Asus Z370 - Plus Gaming II motherboard (with 9600K cpu) and I seem to have a problem that the board isn't recognised, motherboard name is "Unknown Motherboard" and motherboard ID is "63-0100-000001-00101111-090216-Chipset$0AAAA000_BIOS DATE: 09/21/18 11:46:21 VER: 05.0000C". Also the sensor page doesn't show any fans for the motherboard, 3 are attached, cpu and 2 case fans. I checked with a different hardware monitor (CPUID HWMonitor) and the three fans are present and spinning.

I've uninstalled Aida64, re-downloaded, and re-installed it and restarted my system and it's still the same. Any idea what could be wrong?

Make sure to upgrade to the latest beta version of AIDA64 Extreme available at:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

After upgrading to this new version, make sure to restart Windows to finalize the upgrade.

Let me know if it helps.