EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid Gaming radiator fan doesn't update in AIDA64

jcambros

I recently bought AIDA64 and am trying to set it to monitor my new PC.

I have a EVGA 2080TI Hybrid card and the radiator fan (Fan 2) does not display properly in AIDA64. It does update properly in EVGA's Precision X1 program.

Note that there are 4 values to display:
GPU (RPM) - Displays blower fan RPMs

GPU2 (RPM) - Displays blower fan RPMs (This should be showing the Radiator Fan RPM's)

GPU (%) - Shows the Blower fan %

GPU2 (%) - Displays 0% at all times

Is there a bug or am I not setting something up correctly?

13 hours ago, jcambros said:

I recently bought AIDA64 and am trying to set it to monitor my new PC.

I have a EVGA 2080TI Hybrid card and the radiator fan (Fan 2) does not display properly in AIDA64. It does update properly in EVGA's Precision X1 program.

Note that there are 4 values to display:
GPU (RPM) - Displays blower fan RPMs

GPU2 (RPM) - Displays blower fan RPMs (This should be showing the Radiator Fan RPM's)

GPU (%) - Shows the Blower fan %

GPU2 (%) - Displays 0% at all times

Is there a bug or am I not setting something up correctly?

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA GPU Registers. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Video Debug --> nVIDIA SMBus Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post..

Thanks,
Fiery

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:47 PM, jcambros said:

Attached both files here

System Idle

Fans pinned to 100% w/ EVGA's Precision X1

Running Anthem

Thank you for the test runs!  Please check the following new beta build of AIDA64:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

I have an evga 2080ti ftw3 ultra and on this beta the fans speeds are not correct. The show as GPU , GPU2, and GPU PWM.  GPU PWM appears to be fan 3 and seems to be right. The first 2 are reading incorrectly.

The GPU temps and memory temp608262229_AIDAcap.thumb.PNG.69d211c25f61ccf11de16b410cdf62fa.PNGs all seem to be reading correctly so almost there!

22 hours ago, eGGroLLiO said:

I have an evga 2080ti ftw3 ultra and on this beta the fans speeds are not correct. The show as GPU , GPU2, and GPU PWM.  GPU PWM appears to be fan 3 and seems to be right. The first 2 are reading incorrectly.

The GPU temps and memory temp608262229_AIDAcap.thumb.PNG.69d211c25f61ccf11de16b410cdf62fa.PNGs all seem to be reading correctly so almost there!

Please post a pair of nVIDIA GPU Registers dump and nVIDIA SMBus Dump, along with a similar shot of EVGA Precision+AIDA64 side-by-side that you've shown for at least 2 states.  One state is where fans are spinning at a low speed (e.g. idle), and one where you've manually set the fans to spin at 100% (maximum RPM).  That way we can put the pieces of the puzzle about iCX2 together hopefully :) It's really not easy, because Precision seems to combine RPM values coming from not only iCX2, but ForceWare as well.

1 hour ago, Fiery said:

Please post a pair of nVIDIA GPU Registers dump and nVIDIA SMBus Dump, along with a similar shot of EVGA Precision+AIDA64 side-by-side that you've shown for at least 2 states.  One state is where fans are spinning at a low speed (e.g. idle), and one where you've manually set the fans to spin at 100% (maximum RPM).  That way we can put the pieces of the puzzle about iCX2 together hopefully :) It's really not easy, because Precision seems to combine RPM values coming from not only iCX2, but ForceWare as well.

OK. I hope I did this correctly. If you need more info I'm happy to provide it.

nvidiagpuregIDLE.txt

nvidiasmbusdumpIDLE.txt

IDLE.PNG

nvidiagpuregLOAD.txt

nvidiasmbusdumpLOAD.txt

LOAD.PNG

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 5:36 PM, eGGroLLiO said:

OK. I hope I did this correctly. If you need more info I'm happy to provide it.

nvidiagpuregIDLE.txt

nvidiasmbusdumpIDLE.txt

nvidiagpuregLOAD.txt

nvidiasmbusdumpLOAD.txt

Thank you!  Please upgrade to the latest AIDA64 beta update:

https://www.aida64.com/downloads/latesta64xebeta

Let me know how it works.

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 1:00 AM, eGGroLLiO said:

Thanks Fiery! It's working great now -- all three fans on my FTW3 2080ti are being shown properly in the sensors view!!!

Awesome, thank you for your help and feedback!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 2:14 AM, jcambros said:

Hello,

Im sorry that it took so long for me to reply again, but these changes have not fixed reporting on the 2080ti Hybrid card.

The fan on the radiator is not reporting its speed to AIDA64, but the one fan on the card is.

I am currently running AIDA64 v5.99.5001 Beta

image.png.8ee7196ebb09e43032b20d90a18266f4.png

image.png.9e52b8a071c5b2d14211cb12ce7783eb.png

nvidiasmbusdump100.txt

nvidiagpureg_100.txt

Thank you.  I guess the issue is due to the number of fans your card has got.  Based on the product photo we assumed it has only got a single fan.  Maybe Fan 2 in your card's case reflects the pump RPM for the onboard liquid cooling?

Im not sure.

Its an EVGA Hybrid card, so there is one blower fan on the actual video card (Fan 1 in Precision X1) and a second fan on the radiator (Fan 2 in Precision X1). The second fan is hooked up via a 4-pin PWM connector straight to the video card.

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:42 AM, jcambros said:

I just flipped through sensors again and found out that GPU Memory is showing up as the RPM's for my radiator fan on the 2080Ti Hybrid card.

Great :) Does it mean you have all video card related readings available in AIDA64?