Problem: AIDA does not like SAS

ExGANDI

I have ASUS P6T Workstation PRO motherboard with integrated SAS controller. I'm using also Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 extension card /https://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-SAS2LP-MV8.cfm/. I'm using total of 6 storage devices including SAS + SATA SSD+HDD. For some unknown reason when SAS devices (SSD & HDD) are attached to extension card AIDA (any version) does not read temperature or S.M.A.R.T. /temperature shown at the smart screen is 33 and is not real - just default/ Devices are shown in the list but no info at all. In the sensor list (i'm using Logitech G19 keyboard with screen) SAS devices are not shown at all. At the same time HDD Sentinel reads info and displays it correctly so the problem is not in the card or cable or disk. When i plug same SAS devices in to the integrated SAS controler on the motherboard all info is displayed correctly by the AIDA.

SATA SMART.PNG

SAS SMART.PNG

AIDA Sensors.PNG

SAS SMART HDDS.PNG

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:27 PM, ExGANDI said:

I have ASUS P6T Workstation PRO motherboard with integrated SAS controller. I'm using also Supermicro AOC-SAS2LP-MV8 extension card /https://www.supermicro.com/products/accessories/addon/AOC-SAS2LP-MV8.cfm/. I'm using total of 6 storage devices including SAS + SATA SSD+HDD. For some unknown reason when SAS devices (SSD & HDD) are attached to extension card AIDA (any version) does not read temperature or S.M.A.R.T. /temperature shown at the smart screen is 33 and is not real - just default/ Devices are shown in the list but no info at all. In the sensor list (i'm using Logitech G19 keyboard with screen) SAS devices are not shown at all. At the same time HDD Sentinel reads info and displays it correctly so the problem is not in the card or cable or disk. When i plug same SAS devices in to the integrated SAS controler on the motherboard all info is displayed correctly by the AIDA.

Please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> ATA Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Also right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> RAID Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Finally, right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Disk Debug --> SMART Dump. Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

Thanks,
Fiery