AIDA64 Monitoring Corsair H115i PRO... Safe?

Yemble

I have both AIDA64 and HWinfo installed on my new i9-9900K water cooled rig, HWinfo for its Rainmeter plugin and AIDA64 for its OSD.  My AIO cooler is a Corsair H115i Pro, with the pump speed sensor plugged into the CPU mobo header.  The other cooler sensors, temperature and fan speeds, use a dedicated USB connection direct from the pump head.  Both HWinfo and AIDA64 can monitor these sensors, but the Corsair forums are full of warnings that doing so will conflict with their iCUE software, resulting in BSOD events.  The advice for HWinfo, is to disable Asetek(!) monitoring altogether, for which there is a tick-box, which I did.

I noticed that there is a similar option for Asetek within AIDA64.  Am I correct in assuming that it does the same thing, for the same purpose?

I am querying this, as initially I was monitoring the cooler pump and fan speeds (but not the coolant temperature) with AIDA64 and iCUE seemed to work perfectly well, ie. no BSOD.  So now I am wondering whether, or not, this is a non-issue?

6 minutes ago, Yemble said:

I have both AIDA64 and HWinfo installed on my new i9-9900K water cooled rig, HWinfo for its Rainmeter plugin and AIDA64 for its OSD.  My AIO cooler is a Corsair H115i Pro, with the pump speed sensor plugged into the CPU mobo header.  The other cooler sensors, temperature and fan speeds, use a dedicated USB connection direct from the pump head.  Both HWinfo and AIDA64 can monitor these sensors, but the Corsair forums are full of warnings that doing so will conflict with their iCUE software, resulting in BSOD events.  The advice for HWinfo, is to disable Asetek(!) monitoring altogether, for which there is a tick-box, which I did.

I noticed that there is a similar option for Asetek within AIDA64.  Am I correct in assuming that it does the same thing, for the same purpose?

I am querying this, as initially I was monitoring the cooler pump and fan speeds (but not temperature) with AIDA64 and iCUE seemed to work perfectly well, ie. no BSOD.  So now I am wondering whether, or not, this is a non-issue?

AFAIK with Asetek-compliant liquid coolers the issue is that the fan controlling logic could get reset when AIDA64 and iCUE collides while reading the liquid cooler measurements.  It results in the fans spinning up to 100% speed, which could be quite annoying.  If you can live with that limitation, then it's safe to leave the Asetek liquid cooler module enabled in AIDA64.

22 minutes ago, Fiery said:

AFAIK with Asetek-compliant liquid coolers the issue is that the fan controlling logic could get reset when AIDA64 and iCUE collides while reading the liquid cooler measurements.  It results in the fans spinning up to 100% speed, which could be quite annoying.  If you can live with that limitation, then it's safe to leave the Asetek liquid cooler module enabled in AIDA64.

When I had the Asetek module enabled in AIDA64 I didn't notice any odd effects with the cooler fans.  However, because I was still looking for a stable overclock at the time (and having read the Corsair forums), I decided to disable the Asetek module to avoid any possible red-herrings.

Having this cooler info displayed in the OSD is preferable to using iCUE, IMHO, so I'll give it another go, now that I know what to look out for.

If it fails, I'll report back to you...

I've re-enabled the Asetek monitoring module and no issues with the radiator fans so far.  iCUE seems happy as well.

Can AIDA64 capture the coolant temperature sensor data from the H115i Pro, if so, what is the sensor called?

Forget that, I was mis-interpretting Temperature #1 as a mobo sensor, when it was, in fact, the coolant temperature.

Just ran the System Stability Test for two hours, no issues.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 9:41 PM, Yemble said:

I've re-enabled the Asetek monitoring module and no issues with the radiator fans so far.  iCUE seems happy as well.

Can AIDA64 capture the coolant temperature sensor data from the H115i Pro, if so, what is the sensor called?

Forget that, I was mis-interpretting Temperature #1 as a mobo sensor, when it was, in fact, the coolant temperature.

Just ran the System Stability Test for two hours, no issues.

You can use the right-click context menu on the Computer / Sensor page --> Extended Labels to help you understand where one or more of the generic sensor readings (like Temperature #1, Fan #21, etc) comes from.