Primary IP Address Incorrect

Yemble

I have VmWare Workstation installed on my PC, although I rarely use it.  However, I have noticed that AIDA64 displays the Primary IP Address as one of the two VmWare virtual NIC addresses rather than the physical ethernet NIC address of the PC's wired connection.

There does not appear to be any way in AIDA64 to select the correct NIC for the Primary IP Address.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:11 PM, Yemble said:

I have VmWare Workstation installed on my PC, although I rarely use it.  However, I have noticed that AIDA64 displays the Primary IP Address as one of the two VmWare virtual NIC addresses rather than the physical ethernet NIC address of the PC's wired connection.

There does not appear to be any way in AIDA64 to select the correct NIC for the Primary IP Address.

The primary IP address is provided by Winsock, and may or may not be the primary network adapter.  In rare cases Windows treats one of the least used network adapters as primary.  We haven't found a way to fix it from our end.

16 hours ago, Fiery said:

The primary IP address is provided by Winsock, and may or may not be the primary network adapter.  In rare cases Windows treats one of the least used network adapters as primary.  We haven't found a way to fix it from our end.

Yea, only when I disable both virtual NICs does AIDA64 show the correct Primary IP.  Oh well, NP, as long as you are already aware of it...

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/30/2019 at 2:06 PM, Fiery said:

FYI:  Hope this helps... checking to see if the Address Family is InterNetwork will return you the correct IP address.  See sample C# code below.

public static string GetLocalIPAddress()
        {
            var host = Dns.GetHostEntry(Dns.GetHostName());
            foreach (var ip in host.AddressList)
            {
                if (ip.AddressFamily == AddressFamily.InterNetwork)
                {
                    return ip.ToString();
                }
            }
            throw new Exception("No network adapters with an IPv4 address in the system!");
        }

• 1 year later...
On 6/30/2019 at 3:06 PM, Fiery said:

Any news on the subject? Did @BenH post a solution that could be evaluated?

On 6/30/2019 at 3:06 PM, Fiery said:

Any news on the subject? Did @BenH post a solution that could be evaluated?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...