General question about functionality

complexxL9

Hi,

I am looking for solution which lets me to monitor and collect hardware information across the network computers.

The goals are to have history of computer hardware changes, where I could browse any date and see what was the hardware specs for that computer at a given time.

This should work without any agent installations on client computers.

What I've tried so far with aida64 is to collect hardware specs when user logs on, but I am not sure how to catalog this data for easy and comfortable use in the future.

Also is it possible to receive some reports or alerts when hardware specs for computer change compared to last info gathered?

Any suggestions are welcome, thank you in advance.

The easiest way to catalog AIDA64 reports for such a use is to create CSV reports in folders named by the creation date. Example command-line:

\\server\share\aida64folder\aida64.exe /R \\server\share\aida64reports\$DATE\$HOSTNAME /CSV /AUDIT /SILENT /SAFE

Then you can simply point the Audit Manager (of AIDA64 Business Edition) input folder into the \\server\share\aida64reports folder, and it will load the last reports (the current audit). To list the changes between audit snapshots -- ordered either by username, hostname or date -- you can use the Change Manager feature (of AIDA64 Business Edition). You should use the input folder again as \\server\share\aida64reports, and it will list and indicate any hardware or software changes across all your networked computers. You can limit the Change Manager to list only the changes occured in the past 7 or so days if you want.

As for real-time alerting, AIDA64 Business Edition has such a feature, but you need to have AIDA64 running in the background all the time to use that feature (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Alerting).

Regards,

Fiery

The easiest way to catalog AIDA64 reports for such a use is to create CSV reports in folders named by the creation date. Example command-line:

\\server\share\aida64folder\aida64.exe /R \\server\share\aida64reports\$DATE\$HOSTNAME /CSV /AUDIT /SILENT /SAFE

Then you can simply point the Audit Manager (of AIDA64 Business Edition) input folder into the \\server\share\aida64reports folder, and it will load the last reports (the current audit). To list the changes between audit snapshots -- ordered either by username, hostname or date -- you can use the Change Manager feature (of AIDA64 Business Edition). You should use the input folder again as \\server\share\aida64reports, and it will list and indicate any hardware or software changes across all your networked computers. You can limit the Change Manager to list only the changes occured in the past 7 or so days if you want.

As for real-time alerting, AIDA64 Business Edition has such a feature, but you need to have AIDA64 running in the background all the time to use that feature (AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Alerting).

Regards,

Fiery

Thanks a lot. This is very close to what I am aiming for.

Regards,

Fiery

Please confirm that for this to work AIDA64 Business Edition for 5 nodes is sufficient?

Please confirm that for this to work AIDA64 Business Edition for 5 nodes is sufficient?

You need to purchase as many licenses as many computers you want to audit. If you have a network with 100 computers, you need to have 100 licenses of AIDA64 Business Edition.

You need to purchase as many licenses as many computers you want to audit. If you have a network with 100 computers, you need to have 100 licenses of AIDA64 Business Edition.

Oh, ok that complicates things ;)

One more thing, is there any way to schedule automatic comparing of report files and notify by mail or other means about detected hardware changes?