Computer shuts down when under heavy load (Acer Aspire 8930)

Spiiral

Hi

I'm having a huge problem with my laptop. When I try to use Photoshop CS5 on its own, the laptop is fine. But if I try to use it along with media player or a film playing at the same time, it shuts down without any warning. It doesn't only happen with Photoshop though, I just used that as an example because it happens most with it.

I'm 99% sure this isn't an over heating issue as I have cleaned the insides very well 3 times and the laptop isn't blowing out warm air anyway.

What

I find odd is this bit of text here from the AIDA64 report "100 MHz (original: 800 MHz)" I'm seeing this all over the report... is this normal?

Here are two reports:

dxdiag file has been attached but the AIDA64 htm report is to large to upload so I uploaded it t mediafire.

AIDA64 Report (.html):

Report.htm

DxDiag.txt

I find odd is this bit of text here from the AIDA64 report "100 MHz (original: 800 MHz)" I'm seeing this all over the report... is this normal?

Yes, it's normal. Your video adapter lowers its clocks when you're not running a 3D application (like a 3D game).

You can use AIDA64 System Stability Test to stress your system and check if it is overheating under heavy load. Go to AIDA64 / main menu / Tools / System Stability Test, enable only the "FPU" test, and press the Start button. Watch whether the lower graph (Throttling) shows any non-zero percent activity.