Asus Prime X470-Pro - 2 issues (Virtualization, Asus WMI)

honolulu

1- When i enable virtualisation in the bios , i notice that the reported fsb and memory speeds are different than what is set in the bios .

For example , i set 3200 mhz ddr4 in the bios and it will report as 3133 in aida64 with an fsb of 97.7 .

FSB can not even be changed in the bios as it is always 100 (99.8) on this board  .

Happens on the 2 latest bios versions being 5204 amd 5216 .

Disabling virtualisation in the bios makes aida64 report correct speeds .

2- This particular thing only happens on bios 5216 : Chipset temperature option in aida64 is lost , Custom temp sensor reading option in aida64 is lost , CPU_OPT fan speed is not shown anymore in aida64 .

Motherboard is Asus Prime x470 Pro .

Asus low bclk when virtualisation enabled.png

8 minutes ago, honolulu said:

1- When i enable virtualisation in the bios , i notice that the reported fsb and memory speeds are different than what is set in the bios .

For example , i set 3200 mhz ddr4 in the bios and it will report as 3133 in aida64 with an fsb of 97.7 .

FSB can not even be changed in the bios as it is always 100 (99.8) on this board  .

Happens on the 2 latest bios versions being 5204 amd 5216 .

Disabling virtualisation in the bios makes aida64 report correct speeds .

2- This particular thing only happens on bios 5216 : Chipset temperature option in aida64 is lost , Custom temp sensor reading option in aida64 is lost , CPU_OPT fan speed is not shown anymore in aida64 .

Motherboard is Asus Prime x470 Pro .

1) With both virtualization settings, please right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> CPU Debug --> CPUID & MSR Dump.  Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

2) With BIOS 5216 right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> ISA Sensor Dump.  Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post. You may need to enable status bar in AIDA64 / main menu / View first.

Then right-click on the bottom status bar of AIDA64 main window --> Sensor Debug --> Embedded Controller Dump.  Copy-paste the full results into this topic, or attach the results as a TXT file to your post.

18 hours ago, honolulu said:

Thank you.  Please repeat #1 with virtualization disabled, so we can compare the CPU registers output against the "virtualization = enabled" state.

As for issue #2, try to enable Asus WMI sensor support in AIDA64 / main menu / File / Preferences / Stability.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 4:54 PM, honolulu said:

#1 see attachment

#2 it is already enabled . so i can not enable enable it :)

see list of what's enabled (stability.png)

Thank you.  Everything looks fine there.  I think with virtualization enabled, the APIC clock runs slower than the BCLK for some reason.  Maybe because APIC is virtualized then as well.

As for the missing sensor readings, in the case the rest of the readings are there, and AIDA64 uses the Asus WMI interface, it is then due to a BIOS bug.