Download rate NIC Issues

Patsfan88

Hello, 

I’ve just built a new system and was putting together a sensor panel. I noticed that download/upload rate were an option. So I put one in the panel and it didn’t work so I tried all the NIC options (1-6 for me). It ended up being NIC 6 and I changed the download rate to MB/s and it gave a reading but that reading was really low. Like max 12 MB/s. I ran a speed test using Speedtest . Net and it was saying I was getting around 100MB/s. My question is do I have a setting wrong? Why is there such a big difference. The same situation arises when looking at upload speed. 

move tried searching the forums and google before submitting this as to not wast anyone’s time but I couldn’t find anything. 

I’m still very new to pc building so if I have to ask basic questions, sorry about that. 

10 hours ago, Patsfan88 said:

Hello, 

I’ve just built a new system and was putting together a sensor panel. I noticed that download/upload rate were an option. So I put one in the panel and it didn’t work so I tried all the NIC options (1-6 for me). It ended up being NIC 6 and I changed the download rate to MB/s and it gave a reading but that reading was really low. Like max 12 MB/s. I ran a speed test using Speedtest . Net and it was saying I was getting around 100MB/s. My question is do I have a setting wrong? Why is there such a big difference. The same situation arises when looking at upload speed. 

move tried searching the forums and google before submitting this as to not wast anyone’s time but I couldn’t find anything. 

I’m still very new to pc building so if I have to ask basic questions, sorry about that. 

Since the difference is about eight-fold (8x), maybe you're mixing up MB/s (MegaBytes/sec) and Mbps (Megabits/sec) ?  A network that can push 100 Megabits/sec can actually transfer 1/8 of that in MegaBytes/sec, so 12 MegaBytes/sec.  BTW, you can enter a unit for the NIC download/upload rate items as "Mbps" to have Megabits/sec as the result.

11 hours ago, Fiery said:

Since the difference is about eight-fold (8x), maybe you're mixing up MB/s (MegaBytes/sec) and Mbps (Megabits/sec) ?  A network that can push 100 Megabits/sec can actually transfer 1/8 of that in MegaBytes/sec, so 12 MegaBytes/sec.  BTW, you can enter a unit for the NIC download/upload rate items as "Mbps" to have Megabits/sec as the result.

Thank you that was my issue. My bad on that one. 

I have a new question though. Aida64 isn’t giving me individual core temps. Any ideas as to why? Mobo is x570 gigabyte aorus master cpu is Ryzen 3700x

7 hours ago, Patsfan88 said:

I have a new question though. Aida64 isn’t giving me individual core temps. Any ideas as to why? Mobo is x570 gigabyte aorus master cpu is Ryzen 3700x

AMD processors have no per-core thermal diodes, so it's normal.

16 hours ago, Fiery said:

AMD processors have no per-core thermal diodes, so it's normal.

Thank you for the info. I have a couple more questions. 

1) my memory clock is displaying about 1067. I have Corsair 3200 16 GB ram. Shouldn’t it be about ~2000? That’s what it says in the BIOS. 

2) under the cooling fan section it says “pump #1” is that the kraken x62 pump?

3) under cooling fans chassis #3 would that be my three exhaust fans I have on the top of my case? I have three Corsair ll120 connected to a commander pro. How exactly are is the fan speed calculated? Is it per fan added together or is it just an average of the three? 

4) would temperature #1 be the temp of the water in my kraken? 

sorry I keep running into things that I’m not sure about and aren’t exactly related to the title but you respond quickly. Thank you! I appreciate it. And the patience for a 1st time builder. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 1:32 AM, Patsfan88 said:

Thank you for the info. I have a couple more questions. 

1) my memory clock is displaying about 1067. I have Corsair 3200 16 GB ram. Shouldn’t it be about ~2000? That’s what it says in the BIOS. 

2) under the cooling fan section it says “pump #1” is that the kraken x62 pump?

3) under cooling fans chassis #3 would that be my three exhaust fans I have on the top of my case? I have three Corsair ll120 connected to a commander pro. How exactly are is the fan speed calculated? Is it per fan added together or is it just an average of the three? 

4) would temperature #1 be the temp of the water in my kraken? 

sorry I keep running into things that I’m not sure about and aren’t exactly related to the title but you respond quickly. Thank you! I appreciate it. And the patience for a 1st time builder. 

1) It depends on the actual DRAM frequency your memory modules are running at.  Make sure to have XMP enabled in the BIOS Setup, and then check the DRAM frequency in AIDA64 again.  If you still have doubts about its accuracy, compare the clock readings against CPU-Z or HWiNFO64.

2) It's difficult to tell, but most likely it is.  You can enable Extended Labels to clarify the generic sensor readings in the right-click context menu on the Computer / Sensor page.

3) Chassis #3 is one of the fan headers located on your motherboard.  Fan RPM is always for a single fan.  No averaging or other combination of multiple fans is done by AIDA64.

4) Same as 2) ;)