Is "just FPU" enough for stability test after the overclock?

11 hours ago, Filozofreyiz said:

Hi mates,

I overclocked my CPU and can I trust on the "just FPU" stress test? Today I did the AIDA64 FPU stress test for 8 hours and 15 minutes. Do I need to do another test on AIDA64?

Here is the screenshot from the test:

Thank you in advance for your comments and advices.

The FPU subtest alone is perfect to drive the power draw and thermal state of the system to the maximum.  You should run it for several hours, and then switch to a mixed workload, like CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM+Disks order to verify how the system handles a more mixed scenario.

12 hours ago, Fiery said:

The FPU subtest alone is perfect to drive the power draw and thermal state of the system to the maximum.  You should run it for several hours, and then switch to a mixed workload, like CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM+Disks order to verify how the system handles a more mixed scenario.

Thanks for the comment. So, are you suggesting me CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM+Disks stress testing for check the stable of overclock?

Which combination is better? CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM+Disks or CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM or CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM+GPU ?

On 10/9/2019 at 10:46 PM, Filozofreyiz said:

Thanks for the comment. So, are you suggesting me CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM+Disks stress testing for check the stable of overclock?

Which combination is better? CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM+Disks or CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM or CPU+FPU+Cache+RAM+GPU ?

Using the FPU subtest alone is important too, since it's vital to see whether the system can work at peak power draw and highest thermal state regardless of whether it is overclocked or not.

GPU subtest is a strange beast, since it uses OpenCL and so it consumes quite a few CPU cycles as well.  It can also behave differently with integrated GPUs than with discrete GPUs (video cards).  It's definitely worth a try to enable the GPU subtest besides all the others, but it may cause troubles when the OpenCL stack has some installation issues.  So we generally wouldn't recommend using it automatically, but only with cautions.  If it works fine and produces the right system load (as per your expectations), then use it.